User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Results 256 to 268 of 268
  1. #256
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    From personal experience, knees gets a battering during long training sessions. My knees will be super sore after training. Any tough games following that and the knees get very painful and inflamed.

    We are seeing too many injuries to the ladies recently. Maybe they are pushing themselves too hard.
    I think it is pretty common with injuries among professional athletes. Of course you can strengthen muscles among other parts in order to prepare your body better against the stress, but the chances of avoiding injuries completely would seem impossible to me, even for amateur players.

    But like Gillian Clark frequently brings up during games, women's singels have become a lot more like men's singels and I have to agree with that. Women's singels are a lot more interesting to me now than before, thanks to the speed of the game has gone up. Not that it was boring, but it just wasn't as appealing as men's. And in order to increase the speed of the game they would have to also up their exercise, which would mean more stress put on their bodies.

    But I agree though, we never want to see athletes get injured. I hope Mitani will recover soon.
    Last edited by Wingu; 11-28-2012 at 09:36 AM.

  2. #257
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    I think it is pretty common with injuries among professional athletes. Of course you can strengthen muscles among other parts in order to prepare your body better against the stress, but the chances of avoiding injuries completely would seem impossible to me, even for amateur players.

    But like Gillian Clark frequently brings up during games, women's singels have become a lot more like men's singels and I have to agree with that. Women's singels are a lot more interesting to me now than before, thanks to the speed of the game has gone up. Not that it was boring, but it just wasn't as appealing as men's. And in order to increase the speed of the game they would have to also up their exercise, which would mean more stress put on their bodies.

    But I agree though, we never want to see athletes get injured. I hope Mitani will recover soon.
    Injury is just part of the problem. Even after recovery, the thought of re-injuring will be another mental block for some time. Very hard to shake off this feeling.

  3. #258
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    world number 13!
    her current career high!
    hehe

  4. #259
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani is now ranked World No.13

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    world number 13!
    her current career high!
    hehe
    .
    Let's hope that Minatsu Mitani can make it into the Top 10 during 2013.

    For the World Ranking of other WS players, here is the link:
    http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    .

  5. #260
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Putrajaya
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi im new here.
    do you guys know whether minatsu will be here in malaysia this week or not?

  6. #261
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicharito View Post
    hi im new here.
    do you guys know whether minatsu will be here in malaysia this week or not?
    Please see the draw the next time.. The answers is yes she is.

  7. #262
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK / Belgium
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She looked exhausted in her semi-final at the Korea Open ... I hope she'll be recovered next week.

  8. #263
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Putrajaya
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks.sorry for asking this question.i searched and found the list of players myself.not hard thanks to mr.google. im rooting for you minatsu!!

  9. #264
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani is now ranked World No.10

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    Please see the draw the next time.. The answers is yes she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicharito View Post
    thanks.sorry for asking this question.i searched and found the list of players myself.not hard thanks to mr.google. im rooting for you minatsu!!
    .
    What links Blurry D was referring to, are these links;

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...FA51CFD051F5#M

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...FD051F5&draw=2

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...1F5&player=237

    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...D-38E23B4CED8A
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-15-2013 at 09:18 PM.

  10. #265
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ipoh
    Posts
    1,163
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey guys, did anyone of you watch the match between Minatsu and Belaetrix? What happened? From the scoreline it looks like a one sided affair. Injured?

  11. #266
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani is participating in the 2013 India Open SS tournament

    .
    Minatsu Mitani is participating in the 2013 India Open SS tournament playing this week.

    Let's follow her.

    Schedule and results can be found in this link :
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...6793E7E&draw=4

    BTW, keep an eye on Yui Hashimoto too; who is also playing there (in her first SS tournament).
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.

  12. #267
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani has qualified into the 2013 BWF Super Series Final

    .
    Congratulations to Minatsu Mitani for qualifying into the 2013 BWF Super Series Final.

    Link: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...7F530AA&draw=5

    In Day 1, Minatsu Mitani defeated Saina Nehwal in a close match, 19-21, 24-22, 21-19 (67 minutes).

    Hope to see Minatsu Mitani reaching the semi-finals.
    .

  13. #268
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is an interview with Minatsu Mitani after winning the Bronze medal, and I think coming back to Japan:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDpE...Yq3hvDmWX94VNQ

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Similar Threads

  1. Misaki Matsutomo ( 松友美佐紀 )
    By chris-ccc in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 552
    : 09-14-2014, 10:27 AM
  2. Miyuki Maeda (前田 美順) & Satoko Suetsuna (末綱聡子)
    By kwun in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 12-04-2013, 07:15 AM
  3. Replies: 918
    : 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •