What to do?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Keviin, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Keviin

Keviin New Member

Student
    I've recently been doing some researches on internet on rackets since my AT 900 Power just broke.
    I wondered if I should get another 900 P or switching it to another one.
    I ended up with a AT 900 P 4u G4, My broken one is 3U G 4, is that going to help?
    And also, I'm aiming to get another racket since I'll start Provincial C and other tournaments, I'm just 16, and I'm a beginner, let's say. Best achievement ever was my recent year. Classified for Regionals.

I'm wondering if I should get same racket, which means 2 AT 900 P
    or go for AT 900 T/ 700/500

I personally like Doubles, I'm not more net or Smashes, but I get to net fast for saves. I can also smash well. Problem is, I can't go over 3 in a row with my 3U, I hope it'll help with the 4U. Also! I do lots of Drop shots, since I know my Smashes aren't that good as in 1 hit K.o.

Please some advices, I know it's long hahaaa ;3

2. xXDjFrostyXx

xXDjFrostyXx Regular Member

just buy another AT900P. i have a 4u and it works wonders. the smash power is amazing. over hand drops for me are very easy. popping it to the back court when you rush to the net is easy. and since your a doubles player you would want more of an attacking racket. AT900P is the best 4u attack racket there is. AT900T in my opinion is better as a singles racket. with its areo frame and defensive ability

3. Keviin

Keviin New Member

Student
    Thaanks for confirming me thaat, I was wondering about those effects and goods it'll bring to my gameplay, but from what you say, AT 900 T gives more defense ability, such as Net covering and defensing smashes? or it doesn't bring and changes? Some says this and some says the other

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you are a beginner, i suggest go and borrow some friend's racket and try them out, see which one you like the most. make sure you also know what string and tension are being used.

AT900P is a pretty stiff racket that is in general not suitable for beginners. Yonex mark them so because without the proper technique a strength, you cannot use the racket to its potential and it may even rob some power away from you.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you are a beginner, i suggest go and borrow some friend's racket and try them out, see which one you like the most. make sure you also know what string and tension are being used.

AT900P is a pretty stiff racket that is in general not suitable for beginners. Yonex mark them so because without the proper technique a strength, you cannot use the racket to its potential and it may even rob some power away from you.

6. Keviin

Keviin New Member

Student
    Well, not thaat beginner though :p I can compete or let's say play with Provincial Cs. Thee problem is that my AT 900 P which I've been using since a year just broke & I would like to buy two rackets soon, which one will certainly be AT 900 P 4u, but still not knowing which one should my second be.

7. Keviin

Keviin New Member

Student
    Will thaat 5g less be a big deaal afterall? Cuz I can't find another 900P 4u as for my second racket to be identical to my first which is 900 P 4u. Should I just go for 2 900P 3u, or with another racket? Likee 900P 4u + ?