Racket specifications

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by idontknow017, Jul 26, 2010.

1. idontknow017

idontknow017 Regular Member

From a general point of view, which racket specifications would be better for singles or doubles?
    For example, is a head heavy/light racket better for singles or doubles? Is a stiff racket better for singles or doubles? And so on.
    I used the search function, except it seems slightly dodgy at the moment, telling me "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:" no matter what I search.
    Thank you.

2. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    it actually comes down to personal favorite. this question is like asking 'what is the best racket for singles/doubles?'
    there are no such thing as the best racket for everybody. the YY AT900P might be the best racket for LCW but it might not be the best for you or me or others

hope you understand

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Generally speaking...

Singles: head heavy for power.

Doubles: head balanced for speed and maneuverability. Too head light will not generate enough power for attack.

Stiffness: preferred by advanced and pro players, because of immediate and better power transfer. However, in the hands of weaker players or with poor technique, less stiff is better.

4. idontknow017

idontknow017 Regular Member

To be fair, not once did I mention the word 'best'. I was merely asking what I should be looking for in general.

5. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i meant that your enquiry sounded like you're asking for the best racket..my bad then.
    well, generally, like what visor said. but still have a lot of factors to consider.

cheers

#5 ziggy87, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010