Sub £12 tournament level/BWF approved shuttlecocks in the UK?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Tundraswan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Tundraswan

Tundraswan New Member

2. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Unfortunately, I think that'll be as low as you can get in the UK, unless you know someone who can obtain supplies direct from Asia (which might not be saving that much due to crap exchange rates, unless you buy in bulk).

I guess you could alway try tipping the Speed 78 shuttles to get them to the required speed?

3. Tundraswan

Tundraswan New Member

Yes, we have been tipping the aeroplanes I already bought, but I get the feeling that by tipping you harm the durability of the shuttlecock.

I'm after 77s at the moment, but maybe in a month or 2 we'll want to go back up to 78.

4. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Actually only Aeroplane G1130(black) is approved. Try Yang 300B, they are 77 from supersporty. In this damn heat I have found out, that 77 is slow, 78 feels too fast, but in testing the speed is right. Yang is 13.50 though.
    And I wouldn't put my money on BWF logo :D

5. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

I've tried two samples from Supersporty. YangYang 99A (77) and aeroplane G1130 green label speed 78. Bearing in mind that the Aeroplane is £2.00 more expensive I was unable to test properly as its speed test was nearly a whole metre short/slow. Even comparing to the ashaway international 77's that we're currently using this time of year. The Yangyang 99A was surprisingly good value at £9.99, good durability, flight and feel.

So, maybe the Aeroplane tube sample is incorrectly badged at 78. It looks and feels a quality shuttle but difficult to assess its durability when having to spank the thing so hard! I'm waiting to hear back from Supersporty.

So it's YangYang 99A for now.