Racquet Head Shape

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bazzaman, Jul 28, 2010.

1. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Assuming I can get a racquet with 2 slightly different head shapes. One is just naturally more round.

How differently are they gonna play?

2. thejym

thejym Regular Member

The isometric (more "squarish") one will give you a larger sweet spot, thus becoming more forgiving if you hit off-center. The more oval shaped one adopts the traditional frame shape and from what I hear, if you can hit your shots on the smaller sweet spot, it will give a little more power than the isometric.

3. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    And the string tensions should be similar?

Why do I ask, well I was having trouble with my stringing machine and I thought I elongated my racquet by poor clamping. Turns out the 2 racquets have a slightly different head shape with about 15mm difference in width.

I bought these generic racquets very cheaply as I didnt want to break my more expensive ones while learning to string.

I still havent had a chance to test the oval shaped ones yet which seem 1-2lb more tighter than the rounder ones ( when strung at the same tension 23-24lbs)