User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by breaL View Post
    Carbonex 8!! most of my friends have it back in the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    cab9 was equally popular. ricky/rexy used them long into full carbon era.
    Indeed......i change from Cab 8 to Cab 9 and stick with it for a loyal 25 long years before changing it to Armortec.....................

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many 'working' sticks of cab9 u still own? i still own 2. one with pinholes on end cap. and the other one the last version of aluminium frame cab9 but with bigger characters on shaft. last bought in 2003-4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you can at least delete ArcSaber Z S from the list...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    wow!
    how can you miss out 8DX racket of the year for 2010...
    Yes it maybe a good candidate too but i think its too early to tell. I've only seen one guy use it at where i play so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    I think you can at least delete ArcSaber Z S from the list...
    It was very popular at the begining (with all the marketing efford by YY) but then everyone (including me) seems to be a bit disappointed with it. In my case, im thinking maybe im not good enough to get the best out of it.

Certainly Ti10 or AT700 have a more long lasting impact in the market

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Indeed......i change from Cab 8 to Cab 9 and stick with it for a loyal 25 long years before changing it to Armortec.....................
    You just inspired me not to buy more racket
    But still, i wont tell your story to my wife. Otherwise she would make use of it againts me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ti10 should be on the top considering the modern era rackets are not so bullet proof as the Cab series. Saw many Ti10 'died' and those that 'died' is being replaced by another Ti10. Based on that, I make my conclusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    But still, i wont tell your story to my wife. Otherwise she would make use of it againts me
    Haha............that is THE ONLY racket type from Yonex that was so influentially damn good at that time where my style of play back then depends hugely by it even to the extent i was unable to change to the other racket brand (i.e Pro Kennex etc) or even the other racket type within Yonex brand. I tried back Cab. 8 and even Cab. 15 but my "arm and wrist" seems to reject it already.

Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    how many 'working' sticks of cab9 u still own? i still own 2. one with pinholes on end cap. and the other one the last version of aluminium frame cab9 but with bigger characters on shaft. last bought in 2003-4.
    Bro...you won't believe it but i swear you that i still kept 9 out of the 12 Cab. 9 that i won,bought and given by my colleague between the 80's till the last one i bought in Pertama back in 2002. Even the original made in Japan before they shift the production to Taiwan i still got and still playable with BG66 strung at 28lbs. 3 already stolen, only god know when coz already forgot. 5 out of the 9, its aluminium frame already being rebuilt back through welding process more than twice and the remaining 4 still in fine condition. Telling you this like remain me my young days............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, that's a real valid point with a mighty sense of humor there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a long time coming and Im wanting to ask which Yonex racket sells the most in the modern era of full carbon racket? And here's the list that I think are the good candidates:

MP99
    MP100
    AT700
    AT900T
    AT900P
    Ti10
    CAB20
    ARC10
    ARC ZS
    NS9900

Did i miss something? Is the another famous/popular model?
    It would be fantastic if someone who has insight information from YY and share it with us
    I think it is very hard to really judge it. Why?

1) The racket that you listed above, other than Ti-10, CAB20,and AT700 (assuming is the AT700 OLD), the rest like AT900P/T, ARC ZS, NS9900, etc are all new rackets that is born after year 2000. So, unless your question/poll is What is the popular new generation rackets (after year 2000), then those list are valid. If your question is ALL TIME, bear in mind, Yonex started with Wooden rackets (back in 1961 as YONEYAMA, if not mistaken), then our faourite CAB 8, CAB9, CAB20, CAB21, etc even MP series, like MP55, etc before MP 99 and MP100. So, ALL TIME, i think we are not able to really judge which is really sell the most, perhaps YONEX themselves can provide some insight, if they keep track of each model's sales record.

2) IF you are just saying which one sells most, all time, then please don't forget Yonex has many more entry level, mid level rackets that is seldom, if not NEVER mentioned in this forum as we are all more "high end" crazy (me is one of them as well ). For example, a Mid level MP 22, MP23 is one of the best seller as well, so it is hard to imagine......

For the fun of your question though, i think FROM YOUR list, there is only Ti-10 and AT700 OLD can slog it out as they are almost "evergreen". Unless, of course you classify them into Ti-10 first gen, Ti-10 2n gen and Ti-10 3rd gen.

Last edited by tckang; 08-05-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    I think it is very hard to really judge it. Why?

1) The racket that you listed above, other than Ti-10, CAB20,and AT700 (assuming is the AT700 OLD), the rest like AT900P/T, ARC ZS, NS9900, etc are all new rackets that is born after year 2000. So, unless your question/poll is What is the popular new generation rackets (after year 2000), then those list are valid. If your question is ALL TIME, bear in mind, Yonex started with Wooden rackets (back in 1961 as YONEYAMA, if not mistaken), then our faourite CAB 8, CAB9, CAB20, CAB21, etc even MP series, like MP55, etc before MP 99 and MP100. So, ALL TIME, i think we are not able to really judge which is really sell the most, perhaps YONEX themselves can provide some insight, if they keep track of each model's sales record.

2) IF you are just saying which one sells most, all time, then please don't forget Yonex has many more entry level, mid level rackets that is seldom, if not NEVER mentioned in this forum as we are all more "high end" crazy (me is one of them as well ). For example, a Mid level MP 22, MP23 is one of the best seller as well, so it is hard to imagine......

For the fun of your question though, i think FROM YOUR list, there is only Ti-10 and AT700 OLD can slog it out as they are almost "evergreen". Unless, of course you classify them into Ti-10 first gen, Ti-10 2n gen and Ti-10 3rd gen.

I agree with all that. I was just actually hoping someone who has inside info from YY can share. If so, it actually will be a marketing study. For us players, it will be very interesting, because from one side understood the end product and from the otherside we also know what YY is trying to do (eg. the Ti-10 3 gen). So from that we can measure (this includes the size and growth of the market) the effectiveness of each strategy.

But I guess, that would be YY top secret isn't it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all that. I was just actually hoping someone who has inside info from YY can share. If so, it actually will be a marketing study. For us players, it will be very interesting, because from one side understood the end product and from the otherside we also know what YY is trying to do (eg. the Ti-10 3 gen). So from that we can measure (this includes the size and growth of the market) the effectiveness of each strategy.

But I guess, that would be YY top secret isn't it??
    I would be more interested to know if anyone of us here in BC DO keep or has hand me down very first Yonex racket, i.e YONEYAMA wooden rackets between 1961 - 1965 .....That would really be the vintage of the vintage man ....wonder what price it can fetch in this 21st century? :P

Sorry for Off topic a little hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tckang View Post
    I would be more interested to know if anyone of us here in BC DO keep or has hand me down very first Yonex racket, i.e YONEYAMA wooden rackets between 1961 - 1965 .....That would really be the vintage of the vintage man ....wonder what price it can fetch in this 21st century? :P

Sorry for Off topic a little hehe
    Off-topic... but wasn't born yet in the ''LSD'' period or the ''make love not war'' era.

However, if the Ti-10s Gen 1 & 2 are mark-up for sale at USD 1,100+ and CAB 20 at USD350 - 500...I really wonder how much the YoneYama wooden rackets would fetch these days.

To put into perspective though, the wooden rackets deteriorates faster than the graphite rackets, so probably the value of the wooden rackets wouldn't be that much (unless it has never been strung), I guess?

Yes, I guess we can classify it into pre-Mellinium and Mellinium rackets. My bet is on AT700 old because of all the enhancement and technologies and cult followings!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Off-topic... but wasn't born yet in the ''LSD'' period or the ''make love not war'' era.

However, if the Ti-10s Gen 1 & 2 are mark-up for sale at USD 1,100+ and CAB 20 at USD350 - 500...I really wonder how much the YoneYama wooden rackets would fetch these days.

To put into perspective though, the wooden rackets deteriorates faster than the graphite rackets, so probably the value of the wooden rackets wouldn't be that much (unless it has never been strung), I guess?

Yes, I guess we can classify it into pre-Mellinium and Mellinium rackets. My bet is on AT700 old because of all the enhancement and technologies and cult followings!
    Not to mentioned in termites infected areas your Yoneyama will be Yum yum Food for the termites hahahaha
    AT700Old, yes, but not forget Ti-10 Gen 1 has also reach similar "cult" level ...especially in Asia. People are willing to source and GRAB it at any cost....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend brought a Cab8 yesterday nite, it was an absolute beauty in 100% perfect condition. As soon as look at it my memories flocked back 20yrs hahaha...... then i hold the racket in my hand and expecting i would pass out, but i have to say its so HEAVY and i wondered how did i learn baddy using such racket......now i know and appreciate what technology brings to our life

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A friend brought a Cab8 yesterday nite, it was an absolute beauty in 100% perfect condition. As soon as look at it my memories flocked back 20yrs hahaha...... then i hold the racket in my hand and expecting i would pass out, but i have to say its so HEAVY and i wondered how did i learn baddy using such racket......now i know and appreciate what technology brings to our life
    Heh, you can still get one for a training racket: heavy and small sweet spot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can't compare old and new era as Yonex now has to struggle against the fakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast