Xzile shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by ragebane, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ragebane

ragebane Regular Member

Heard whispers of this brand of shuttles from my team when they saw it's distinctive packaging at Queensway Shopping Centre since last year but never did try it out till now and I am sure glad I did :D!

The model under review is the Lethal Flight - X2 (LF-X2).
    Shuttle speed:77
    Test conditions: 2 court multi-purpose hall
    Match Type: Doubles
    Parameters tested: Speed consistency, Flight trajectory, Durability and Feel good factor

Review:
    Speed: Speed was consistent for all 12 shuttles (all fell roughly around the same spot) when served. - Not bad for a brand newish to the market
    Flight trajectory: Higher than the 45 degree mark on descending - Great! We never hit the feathers at this angle of descent and this was consistent for all 12 shuttles.
    Durability: Fantastic! - Each shuttle lasted almost 2.5 - 3 games depending on the intensity of the game. The shuttles took heck of a pounding from our smashes and yet refused to die! This one is a keeper!
    Feel good factor: Nice thick feathers! Nice packaging and consistently good performance.

Pros: Excellent and consistent performance. Never seen before durability!

Cons: Exp - Retailing at $31.90. A bit on the high side, but given its durability it would a cost-effective investment over the long run.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

You can find more info and see their range of products on their website: www.xzile.com.
    Will be testing the RF-X2 model next.

2. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Right, if it costs that much in singapore, I guess I could buy a liver for myself here in EU for one tube :D

3. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

Yesterday, my other court kaki gave me 1pc Xzile RF-X3 shuttlecock to try out which he bought for S$21. It was made of duck feather and I was not sure speed 77 or 76. The durability was good and it last about 1.4 games for 21 points system for intermediate standard. The only setback was the flight speed which my team find it was a bit fast. It probably go ever faster in a bigger sport hall. ;)