Nylon killed my strings !

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by GoDLee, Jul 30, 2010.

1. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    I broke my 2 strings on 2 different racquets. They both were counterfeited ASZSlash. I'm not mad bout that, but i also broke another one from a guy who generously let me play with one of his racquets.

Now, i gotta buy a real racquet with 50€max, can you advise me a good one at that price ??? I felt like counterfeited racquets were better... i had a muscle power 50, that was a bad racquet. The strings were very good though.

Then, i gotta pay 27€ for my collegue that had to restring his racquet.
    I asked myself, what's wrong with me ? am i cursed ? But nah, a veteran told me nylon shuttles were very dangerous for strings, especially the ones with heavy tension.

2. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Video killed the radio star ... :p Just put 0.72 strings on your racquets and you will be fine. Strings have their lifetime too. Besides, you have been reading too much Yonex section, buy chocolate instead of new racquet.
    Damn, I wish I could charge 27€ for stringing :D Half the price of a good new racquet.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

This is (indirectly) true: you have to hit plastic shuttles harder to get the same depth in court, which has the effect of accelerating string wear. Plastics don't fly like feathers - the "brakes" come on sooner - so you've really got to unload on them to get them moving.

There's no real reason to string your racket any differently, though; I use .68 stuff at 32 lbs with plastics and I see no more string breakages than anyone who's spoiled on feathers:).