Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice Birds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99

Wow!? can i piss u off next time I see you? so I can play you a game and get as many pointers as you can give me?

Hmmm... Maybe he actually referring to, "20 push ups * the points u lost"...

Then, I guess u won't even try to think about how many pushups u will perform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99
    Wow!? can i piss u off next time I see you? so I can play you a game and get as many pointers as you can give me?
    Heh.. good luck playing after 100 push ups... i wouldnt be able to hold up my racquet by then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Hmmm... Maybe he actually referring to, "20 push ups * the points u lost"...

Then, I guess u won't even try to think about how many pushups u will perform.
    That's ok! I can take the pain! 15X20 is only wut? 300? haha... ok... maybe 300 is a bit much... I'll stick with 200 or less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bigredlemon
    Heh.. good luck playing after 100 push ups... i wouldnt be able to hold up my racquet by then

Won't apply in my case, since I will never be able to finish 100 pushups anyway, not even 50, i guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play games, where when you lose a point or service, you will do some penalty. Penalties range from 2 pushups each loss or 2 jumping jacks or 2 situps. I allow them different exercise so that they can work different muscle groups. To prevent mis-use of the jumping jacks, sometimes they have to recite or sing while jumping.

But just to make things fair, I will also do the same pushups if I make an error as well. So they will try their best to make me error. It does happen, I think I actually did a dozen pushups yesterday over the 15 or more games yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 pushups PER loss of service/point? That's at least 30 pushups per game for the losing side. At 15 min per game, then for a 3 hour session, the average person would have to do 360 pushups or situps a day

They don't even do that in the army

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like your coaching style.. that way i'm sure the students will be fit and discipline.. bravo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default disciplined, but not too smart.

My original challenge to them - they do the difference in score times 2 pushups only at the end ot the game.

ie- 15-2 = 13X2 = 26 pushups. Instead they choose to do 2 pushups at end of each rally, because it will be easier for them.... well, for each loss (including loss of service) it's 2 pushups. hmmmm... well, I didn't exactly say they were smart...

Then i played some doubles teams 2 on 1. But by that time, and since I do have coach's priviledge, I said I will do 1 pushup for each loss, but they still do 2. They did not understand why at 14-0 for me that I started to keep losing my service for game point... Until one kid wised up and said I was prolonging by sacrificing myself to do 1 pushup for every 4 they have to do in order to get back the service. hahahahah.... I think that team might have done nearly 70 pushups in that one game.... eee--vvilll.... bwahahahah---bwahahahah--- hand me that frickin lazer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but they are getting fit, and one of the teams figured a way to score a point on me or cause turnovers in service. that is one of the targets, for them to think about how to beat me, rally at a time, not worry about the game. I was happy to lose those rallies.

a couple of the kids run home after practice. they live several blocks from me, which is around 8 blocks from the school. Although I will offer them rides home, they will prefer to race me home. Pretty fast these kids be. By the time i pack up and get out of the parking lot, they will be nearly at the 6 block mark. Then I run them over.... bwahahahahah.... give these kids another few months, with continual play, they would be kick-ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    To prevent mis-use of the jumping jacks, sometimes they have to recite or sing while jumping.

Singing while jumping??? I am sure u won't let me do that... If I start to sing, it will be more a torture to the others, than myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14-0 in a 2-on-1? Go badrad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bigredlemon
    14-0 in a 2-on-1? Go badrad!
    HEY YOU IN TO! YOU EYEBALLING ME? YOU DOUBT MY WORDS???

DROP AND GIVE ME 40 PUSHUPS! RIGHT NOW! DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE AND KICK YOUR ASS! RIGHT NOW!!!

IF YOU DON'T GET ON THE FLOOR BY THE TIME I COUNT TO 2 YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF 80 BUDDY!!!
    ONE! ....... TW--- YEAH, THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

ALRIGHT - ANYONE ELSE IN THIS CLASS WANT TO JOIN OUR LITTLE FRIEND BIGREDLEMON_SUCKER IN PUSHUPS? SPEAK UP NOW - BRL IS LONELY DOING HIS PUSHUPS!

JCHEN99 - YOU LAUGHING AT BRL? YOU DROP AND GIVE ME 20!
    AND YOU LAZY_ASS_BUDDY - START DOING 100 JUMPING JACKS SINGING "I'M A LITTLE TEACUP"!

ANYONE ELSE WANNA LAUGH?

OKAY, LET'S GET BACK TO DRILLS.....
    Last edited by badrad; 02-14-2003 at 09:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*LOL* That is so funny to picture in my mind.

<SALUTE>

(After badrad turns his back)

<HIEL HITLER SALUTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JCHEN99 - YOU LAUGHING AT BRL? YOU DROP AND GIVE ME 20!
    Yes sir @@

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny you should mention those sort of routines - back when i was U12 our coach would start the session off with a general fitness routine - usually abuot a mile run by the end of it and countless sit-ups, press up, squat-thrusts, shhuttle runs - all racing against each other - we were shattered by the end - but i owe my current fitness to him - now my new coach is murdering me with singles drills -

good think i don't see him more than once a week - i think my legs would drop off

Neil

<SALUTE> BadRad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a softer note: I do try different styles on different kids to empassioned them for the game. When they come onto the court, especially the newbies, they are sometimes intimidated by some of the stronger one. Being gentle just makes them more of a woosie. By giving them an adversary (namely myself) hopefully the piss-off or friendly aggression pushes them harder.

But I use this for those I think will handle it (not every player suits this treatment) but more importantly I want these kids to have a reason to learn and improve - and that is to kick my ass! So if they work just that bit harder or practice that much longer, they gain a determination which should stay with them even during hard matches against other opponents.

TIMELESS! - YOU DO 5 LAPS AROUND THE VRC, AND THEN 500 SKIPS - THEN I'LL DETERMINE WHETHER YOU SHOULD DO 100 or 200 PUSHUPS! SEIG-HEIL - MY_ASS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By giving them an adversary (namely myself) hopefully the piss-off or friendly aggression pushes them harder.

But I use this for those I think will handle it (not every player suits this treatment) but more importantly I want these kids to have a reason to learn and improve - and that is to kick my ass! So if they work just that bit harder or practice that much longer, they gain a determination which should stay with them even during hard matches against other opponents.
    Yup! iz lik wut they say! wut dont kill you will only make you stronger!
    btw badrad, here's another dirll you can do

have ur kids play 1v2s where one side of the court is singles and the other half doubles.(but this mainly trains the singles player tho) have them play up to 11 points(or whatever you think kids playing singles can last)
    I find that the singles guy will have to think a lot and place shots more accurately than they normally would in regular singles. By the end of one of those, it's my neck and brains that are hurting, at least more than the rest of my body

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast