User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Practice Birds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    TIMELESS! - YOU DO 5 LAPS AROUND THE VRC, AND THEN 500 SKIPS - THEN I'LL DETERMINE WHETHER YOU SHOULD DO 100 or 200 PUSHUPS! SEIG-HEIL - MY_ASS!!
    *LOL* I'd do the "Benny Hill" salute but after all that I don't think I could lift my arm let alone stand at attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99
    have ur kids play 1v2s where one side of the court is singles and the other half doubles.(but this mainly trains the singles player tho) have them play up to 11 points(or whatever you think kids playing singles can last)
    iv2 is stil too easy.

The stronger kids play 1 v 4. Only the 1 gets to service, since he is the one being worked on. Here are the conditions:

Play to 15 points. You can only get off that court side if you win the point. So you have to win or else you stay on forever. For some of the weaker players I set time limit - depending on how long we have in the gym.

To ensure everyone plays without fooling around (especially the 4 players). On the 4 players they will do penalties if they lose the point (all at the same time - 1 screws up, all 4 pay). For this side, there really is no reason they should make errors, since they have limited movements. These 4 will concentrate on positioning the shuttle, and to experiment with how to move a singles player around the court.

For the single player - no penalties for loss of rally since they will already have been working hard (i'm not a totally cold hearted bastard)
    BUT they will do penalty for doing a bad serve (ie. out - into the net, etc.) In any point, your service is the one thing in the entire game that is totally under your control. Your opponent cannot do anything until you serve. So putting it into the net, or sending it out is your own mind and body doing it to you.
    Last edited by badrad; 02-15-2003 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    The stronger kids play 1 v 4
    Yah, I tried that once, but i find it not very effective with 4 ppl on 1 court, it seemed too small! n sometimes ppl end up missing shots cuz of bad communication

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3