NanoSpeed9900 vs/or Brave Sword 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DanhNguyen5.3, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

okay what if im a headlight user, that is using a old racket (Ovul frame) that shaft is maybe between midflex to stiff or alil higher than that, and like to swing my racket really fast, and use more of my wrist then my arm for overhead (use a mixture of speed and weight for power ), and like alot of control and a good average of power (atleast or more), which racket do the BC members recommend me, NS9900 or Brave Sword 11??

Anyone please help?? >.<

#1 DanhNguyen5.3, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I'm also thinking of Nanospeed 9900 or Armotech 700. Is there real difference in the head heaviness between these two racquets?

3. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

that I know, big different, BIG differences, Armortec 700 is the most headheaviest in the Yonex range, and the Ns9900 is one of the lightest and headlight in the Yonex range, the flex are pretty different too, becuz Arm700 has a long shaft and is really head heavy the x-stiff shaft just feels stiff or some say really flexible

My 100th post :D :D

#3 DanhNguyen5.3, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. justsomekid

justsomekid Regular Member

school
    ns9900 for doubles, bs 11 for singles, imo, u can use both rackets for either.

5. justsomekid

justsomekid Regular Member

school
    and at700 if u use ur arm more, or if u have a super fast swing+godly wrist power, use the ns 9900,
    also, i think the bs11 is easier to flex then the ns9900 so go with bs11 if ur not pro :)

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I would think so...one is the most head heavy while the other is one of the most headlight in the current yonex range...

7. Porky

Porky Regular Member

NS9900 is quite stiff....so very hard to generate power....get the BS11 but 4U version if u really like it to be lightweight

8. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

9. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

Because the reviewer of that blog has a strong arm, he can fully utilized the stiff shaft

10. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    Try out the NS9900 yourself to get the answer .. lower your tension by 1lbs.. it makes hold lots of difference.

i tried with 25lbs, need lots of effort to go baseline... then i changed to 24lbs... everything is okay now.. baseline to baseline..crosscourt baseline, everything is superb.... drops are so easy and accurate. lovee it! Now i m planning to buy another NS9900 as backup, after selling off my A900T and Arc 7.

11. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

So we need to have strong arm to fully utilize NS9900? If I buy it, I will string it with BG65 Ti and tension 23lbs.
    Saw one of my badminton kaki tried out two weeks ago. Same problem - no power when smashing.
    So I'm wondering what are the components that decide whether the racquet is good for smashing? Stiffness, Head heaviness, 2U/3U/4U, string tension?

12. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    wat was your friend tension?

13. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I don't know. But for NS9900, the special combination of extra stiff and head light balance, what is the outcome?
    I know it is definitely a good defensive racquet. I'm just curious how good it is at smashing before I decide to buy it.

14. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    Mm.. for your info this racquet is not really head light.. can feel abit head heavy.

But overall it is light. Swing is so fast which can help to generate lots of power when smashing and clear..

Last time i use to buy racquet based on specs. After using NS9900, i changed. RIght now i based on feel (means try first) and racquet specs and ppl review is just a guidance for me. Coz every people play differently.

Ppl recommend me to use less stiff racquet. Arc 7 is medium stiff and i cant generate power like NS9900. and plus NS9900 is more stiffer than ARc 7. So wat does it tells me..? Trying the racquet is best approach to determine wat best racquet for me.

15. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Refering to the thread title, the painting on the Nanospeed 9900 is better than Bravesword 11. Simply irresistable!

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Wristy player??

17. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    Nope.. less on wrist, more to arm

18. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

how about the durability of NS9900, especially when clashed with other racquet?

19. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    most (if not all) rackets aren't too durable against clashes unless they are very very minor of course.

20. Smash-Tajam

Smash-Tajam Regular Member

IT
    I have AT900P, AT900T, and NS9900, all 3U.
    I strung 25-26lbs for all my rackets with BG80, my arm is not that strong to consider as a hard hitter but base line to base line is not a problem for me.
    It took me awhile to learn how to generate power with NS9900, its not as easy as AT900 because NS9900 is a lot stiffer(to me), for smashing with NS9900, I tend to lean towards using the whole arm from shoulder onwards for upper body movement and if not, I actually have to start the momentum(to generate power) right from the legs up(no kidding), this racket is that stiff, but the racket head speed is amazing.

I am particularly amazed at how accurate it can be when doing drives shots, my level in this area went up one notch just by switching to this racket. It is also not bad for wrist chop type of smashing, amazing accuracy but require a lot more strength to get the shuttle speed up to be actually effective in a game.

But there is one thing about this racket(or its just me?), why does it vibrates like a cheapo racket at impact ? This racket is one of the most expensive around, it should not have this problem(or feature to improve feel?), but it does.