Top Players From Different Countries Playing Together

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JChen99, Feb 12, 2003.

1. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Has that ever happened? i mean, not any ranked player... but the top (top3) ranked players from differnt countries playing together in touneys? cuz I notice that for most tourneys, it's "Everyone represent their own country" "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Pride" or wutever, has any of the top players from differnt countries actually come together and play side by side (not against each other) in open invitational tourneys?(i recon this is the only type of tourney that doesn't involve interference of the differnt nations if u kno wut i mean) is there some rule in IBF that states that the players cant do that? or they dont do that because they're more familier with their fellow "countrymen/countrywomen"'s plauying styele?

2. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I also mentioned (more than a year ago) that we should follow tennis and allow/encourage players to partner someone from a different country in doubles.

For example, Martina Hingis (Swiss) partnered Anna Kournikova (Russian) and won many major tournaments.

This will greatly improve the general standard of doubles.

I believe I also mentioned of possible combinations like Tony Gunawan/Kim Dong Moon, Sigit Budiarto/Zhang Wei etc.
    Awesome!!1