User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where to play social badminton @ around North Sydney / Chatswood / Sydney

Hey Badminton fans!

I'm new to Sydney, just recently moved from Melbourne. I'm really only familar with North Sydney / Chatswood & Sydney (and surrounding suburbs) so I'm wondering if there are any social badminton clubs available around the North Sydney ideally... if not, then how about Chatswood & Sydney?? I don't drive, only train, so... I'm hoping there something closeby train stations around. Please pass no any useful info you might have~

Much appreciated & many thanks,
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hi,

As far as I know, there are two club sessions in North Sydney Boy's High along Falcon Street, one on Wednesday evenings and the other on Fridays. The club playing on Wednesday 8pm to 10pm have filled out their membership but you can show up as a guest, bearing in mind that you may get turned away. You might like to give them a ring first. Check out their website at http://www.badmintonnorthsydney.websyte.com.au/

The other club plays from 8.30pm to 10.30pm at the North Sydney Boy's High every Friday. Just show up there at that time and you should be good to go. With regards to transport, you might need to take a bus there or take a 15-20 min walk from the St. Leonards station.

Alternatively you can play at Macquarie University Social Club. Both train and buses go there so it might be easier in terms of getting there depending on where you live. Their sessions are Thursday 6pm - 8pm, 8pm-10pm, Saturday 9am - 12pm and Sunday 3pm - 5pm, 5pm - 7pm.

There are loads of clubs playing across the bridge in the city such as the UTS, Sydney U and countless others. Have a look here: http://www.sydneybadmintonassoc.org/index.php?id=5

Just give them a go and see where you feel most comfortable.