User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 210
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yonex should re-introduce Ti-10?

    So many have used the Ti-10, and so many here say it's their favorite. One of the lists I saw showed more pros using it than any other racquet.

    Although it may be available in China still (is it?), fakes make buying there risky.

    Shouldn't Yonex re-introduce the Ti-10? It seems like there's a lot of demand. I'd buy one.

    I think everyone who wants Yonex to re-introduce it should write to the company. If enough people write, it should happen. After all, a company wants to sell products.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yonex is still producing ti10 for asia

    we will see, as long as they are being produced, i am happy, as for reintroducing it it doesn't make any marketing sense, that will only tell people that their new stuff aren't doing any better and do you want ti10's price to jump from 700HKD to 1200HKD(ns8k's price)? i hope not

    i don't think ti10 is great for all level of play nor all levels of preferences anyways

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    yonex is still producing ti10 for asia
    Is there a reputable reseller in North America? What's a reputable dealer in Hong Kong? Is it possible to get one from Asia without being burned by fakes or shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    as for reintroducing it it doesn't make any marketing sense, that will only tell people that their new stuff aren't doing any better. and do you want ti10's price to jump from 700HKD to 1200HKD(ns8k's price)?
    Yonex re-introduced the Carbonex 20 as the 20 Muscle, right? It's not the same price as Yonex's high-end. The Carbonex 21 was re-introduced as well, I think. Yonex sells a lot of racquets that are priced lower than the Nanospeed 8000. And, if Yonex produces them for Asia, has that caused the company to price them the same as the 8000?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badminton Alley
    Carbonex 21 racquet is one of the original best-selling Yonex racquet in the early 1990. It is still consider one of the best badminton racquet for control and solid power. The 2005 model is the revival of the old model using the latest manufacturing technoloy to make the racquet more stronger and solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badminton Alley
    Carbonex 20 Muscle:
    Head: Muscle Frame, HM Graphite
    Shaft: HM Graphite
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    i don't think ti10 is great for all level of play nor all levels of preferences anyways
    No racquet is. Just because the TI-10 isn't the perfect racquet for all players, it shouldn't be sold?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mei_xavier
    Is there a reputable reseller in North America? What's a reputable dealer in Hong Kong? Is it possible to get one from Asia without being burned by fakes or shipping?

    Yonex re-introduced the Carbonex 20 as the 20 Muscle, right? It's not the same price as Yonex's high-end. The Carbonex 21 was re-introduced as well, I think. Yonex sells a lot of racquets that are priced lower than the Nanospeed 8000. And, if Yonex produces them for Asia, has that caused the company to price them the same as the 8000?



    No racquet is. Just because the TI-10 isn't the perfect racquet for all players, it shouldn't be sold?

    there are many reseller, use your search button as many had suggested

    cab rackets are for oval shape users, they have logical reasons to keep them alive, none of the cab-series are sold at premium price, but to ship ti10 to canada, would they be priced at the level of HK relatively?
    no for sure, ti10's characteristic is at the same level of mp100/ns8k, this would affect their sales on their newer items, like i said, it doesn't make any marketing sense, NA even discontinue mp100 just to boost up sales of ns8k, think about it

    did i mention that it should be not sold? no point to even argue about this

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm,

    cab rackets are for oval shape users Joking.

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    there are many reseller, use your search button as many had suggested

    cab rackets are for oval shape users, they have logical reasons to keep them alive, none of the cab-series are sold at premium price, but to ship ti10 to canada, would they be priced at the level of HK relatively?
    no for sure, ti10's characteristic is at the same level of mp100/ns8k, this would affect their sales on their newer items, like i said, it doesn't make any marketing sense, NA even discontinue mp100 just to boost up sales of ns8k, think about it

    did i mention that it should be not sold? no point to even argue about this

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Hmmm,

    cab rackets are for oval shape users Joking.

    ok, oval shape lovers :P
    Last edited by hydrocyanic; 02-27-2006 at 08:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    there are many reseller, use your search button as many had suggested
    I have, which I why I asked you.

    I haven't found a single dealer in North America with the TI-10, the MP-100, or a 3U Carbonex 20 Muscle.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can order from Hong Kong and Taiwan without problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by mei_xavier
    I have, which I why I asked you.

    I haven't found a single dealer in North America with the TI-10, the MP-100, or a 3U Carbonex 20 Muscle.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mei_xavier
    I have, which I why I asked you.

    I haven't found a single dealer in North America with the TI-10, the MP-100, or a 3U Carbonex 20 Muscle.
    yonex doesn't make any CD/US for them, all you can find are SPs

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrocyanic
    no for sure, ti10's characteristic is at the same level of mp100/ns8k, this would affect their sales on their newer items, like i said, it doesn't make any marketing sense, NA even discontinue mp100 just to boost up sales of ns8k, think about it
    If Yonex is marketing the Nanospeed series as being better than older technology, then the Ti-10 wouldn't be a direct competitor and wouldn't need a price increase. The Armortech 700 is still available. So is the MP-99. And, you said the Ti-10 is still being produced for Asia. By your logic, I don't see why Yonex offers anything other than the Nanospeed line, and racquets that qualify as no more than mid-grade.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    You can order from Hong Kong and Taiwan without problems.
    Really? There are no fakes coming from either place?

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,156
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the marketing strategy for Yonex will be different in US comapred to Asia. Because the market is smaller in N America (and people are richer!), Yonex can have a tighter control on the racquets sold.

    We can still get cab20 in HK. Presumably the market is big enough to support it. That may be the same with Ti10 as well.

    Can't say there are no fakes but get the racquet from a reputable vendor and it should be OK.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    vancouver, canada
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mei_xavier
    If Yonex is marketing the Nanospeed series as being better than older technology, then the Ti-10 wouldn't be a direct competitor and wouldn't need a price increase. The Armortech 700 is still available. So is the MP-99. And, you said the Ti-10 is still being produced for Asia. By your logic, I don't see why Yonex offers anything other than the Nanospeed line, and racquets that qualify as no more than mid-grade.
    NA's demand for badminton is low, it is not reasonable to re-introduce any more racket models as there are already today, their choice are sufficient for our market already, why spend the wasteful dollar when they are better spent on newer models?

    NA market is not as educated* compare to asia, as for demand is low, they need to educate US to buy the expensive and new ones, for asia the players have influence to what the people would use and buy, how many NA players around in the top5 for the 5 categories? i don't even have a clue who that wilson player is :P

    then again, why bother? why it make sense to sell them when their price(profit margin) is low to sell?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, SOTX's Woven 7 is a very durable racquet and has similar characteristics as Ti-10 (but I still prefer Ti-10 ). mei_xavier may give Woven 7 a try since there is an agent in the U.S. already.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Yonex should re-produce Boron 2 first!!!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    And add in modern manufacturing method and use nancarbon + Vectran .

    Quote Originally Posted by forrestyung
    I think Yonex should re-produce Boron 2 first!!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Yonex does reintroduce the Ti10, they should "update" it. The newer rackets have more stability.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. introduce myself
    By preser in forum Introduction
    Replies: 2
    : 10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
  2. Introduce me
    By Sinar Mataram in forum Introduction
    Replies: 6
    : 08-26-2009, 01:54 AM
  3. Hi I'd like to introduce myself
    By whitewolf_193 in forum Introduction
    Replies: 9
    : 06-12-2008, 07:02 AM
  4. Hey everybody, I'd like to Introduce myself =)
    By Angie_mui in forum Introduction
    Replies: 17
    : 08-23-2005, 07:23 PM
  5. Introduce Yourself?
    By hhppyy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 16
    : 02-13-2003, 02:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •