Shuttles?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by vic, Mar 13, 2001.

1. vic

vic Guest

What are the best shuttles for the money? And what is the cheapest place in Canada to purchase shuttles?

I've tired the Victor (Silver, Gold, Blue) and thought that the Blue were pretty durable and well made. The Silver and Gold weren't that durable. The best I've tried were the Aeroplanes because of their feel and durability (2-3 games of singles per bird!). Anyone have any other experiences?

2. jayes

jayes Guest

I've played with Victor (Champion, Tourney), BlackKnight Firebird, Yonex AS-20, YangYang 300B, Swallow (same company as Aeroplanes' shuttles) and have found that the Victor Champion and YangYang 300B are the best among them although not necessarily the cheapest.

The cheapest in Canada that I found is the BlackKnight Firebird.

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    One thing to point out... make sure the shuttles you buy are suited for the altitude you're playing at... because the wrong shuttle at the wrong altitude could result in a very un-satisfying game.
    I've found generally the AS-20s were fairly good.
    Also since B.A. recommends this type here... it's the only one that I've honestly been able to try.... I can hardly call any feather shuttle cheap though... :(
    Sorry I can't really help out.

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Just thought i'd say so. I think the best shuttles to use in an aircon badminton court is the Yonex AS-4.

Its got perfect speed, not too fast not too slow. Good durability too......

5. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    I try Yonex Aerosensa 2,3,4,10,50, Carlton 77, T-800, Yangyang(forget), Wilson, Ashaway, Sintec 77, Agenda A1134, ALPHA, Vanguard and others... But i prefer RSL shuttles and Yonex 2 and 50.