Prince Racquets and Apacs

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by smax5001, Aug 7, 2010.

1. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Hi I want to know if these following racquets are legit, pretty durable, head heavy like a sledgehammer, light, and have a large sweetspot. I never got to try these racquets but maybe someone who has them can give a feedback. I want to know if these are good enough for doubles. Thanks:

Apacs- Lethal light, Super light, Tantrum light
    Prince- AV-X and XP Triple Threat

All specs shown on website:
    http://www.badmintonbay.com/index.php?cPath=28_47

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I seem to recall that the Apacs Superlight has a massive BP - somewhere in the 320mm region and is rather light. If you could get hold of one, I imagine it would be what you're looking for.

3. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks, Do you happen to know of another website that sells it for a good price to the U.S?

4. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I had 3 Prince Triple Threat series racquets before but all broken due to smashing. The string and tension I used were Yonex BG66 and 26 lbs. Now I have switched to Victor and Yonex and so far none of them broken. Touch wood~~
    The Prince racquets i bought have large sweet spots, light and highly flexible. Very easy to use in terms of defense, drives and net shots but not durable for powerful smash.

5. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the feedback. That is actually the main thing I'm looking here is the durability for powerful smash. My yonex 9k frame broke in two when I smashed with it in 28 lbs tension. I'd have to say my swing is very fast. So I do actually produced a lot of smash power from my backup Karakal mtec 70. That thing is actually very sturdy at 28lbs so far for a year. The specs on the Prince racquets is quite attractive but always unsure about durability and you hit the point. Thanks a lot for the info