Applying for teaching job in singapore?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by FEND., Aug 8, 2010.

1. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I'd just like to know how hard is it for a graduate to apply for a teaching job in Singapore? IF this thread needs to be moved please move it but seeing as there's a bunch of SG posters here I'd like to know.

http://mycareer.com.au/consumer/find/job/view.aspx?jobid=7569672&s_cid=595628

I'd just like to get some feedback from those in Singapore. I'm thinking of taking a sea change back to asia for a bit, and wouldn't mind teaching economics. I graduated in Economics from the University of Western Australia and for personal reasons I'm trying to find work preferably in Singapore. Even if it's a teaching job for 2 - 3 years I do not mind.

For the immediate future that's where I want to be for personal reasons and then come back down to Australia again. Can anyone offer advice, leads and maybe contacts?

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Bump? no love huh :(

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think they are just lost for words. A teaching job is nowadays so competitive and requires maybe a teaching licence and teacher training,you may probably need more than a first degree.It's not so much a problem in jobs that are non-academic eg.research analyst or consultant. Sorry to say this but I think it is better than being silent.

#3 Bbn, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Yea its alright @ Bbn, rather someone say something than just keeping silent about it. But if it's a non-academic job would they hire like econs grads especially just fresh out of uni who want to go to singapore? Just want to know what it's like up there.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

If you want my honest opinion if you are an English speaking graduate there are hundreds of options waiting for you.

Many Singapore Employers are willing to train freshies and the starting pay is respectable.Believe me I know.

Trouble I think is that Singapore like Malaysia places a high emphasis on accreditation for academics.

6. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Oh ok, let me hit you up a private msg. Hey guys keep posting!!! Please am desperate for opinions atm :D thanks

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Try registering on-line with Malaysia's jobstreet.com or others (search).

Jobstreet is very effective. I'm sure an econs graduate will have a place in finance related

services in the Public and Private sector in Singapore.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    You should be able to get help from moe.gov.sg or contact the individual university or colleges. They should be able to help you. ;)