Yonex JP BAG 1022Y Review (Limited Edition)

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by tckang, Aug 8, 2010.

1. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I know ants has a thread on 1022Y and 1022R here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...02-Yonex-Bag-1022-Y-and-1022-R-Year-2009-2010

But this is a thorough review on the 1022Y bag which i manage to get one ..."Gift" :D
    So here it goes

BAG 1022Y is a limited edition which is design for LCW and Taufik. The white one like you see in ants post is the LCW version and the below is the Taufik version. They are limited edition and the JP ones has ceased production. I have seen CH version on sale in China. Otherwise, the non limited edition 1022R , which has more color scheme are still available in the market today.

IMG_2935.jpg

Color Scheme:
    Black/Gold/Red on the external. Internal is all cool neon green linen. Overall a VERY cool and stylish looking colour scheme.
    As mentioned, the other version will be the White/Black/Gold LCW version.

IMG_2936.jpg

Built:
    I must say this is a light, compact racket bag with no extra fuss. It is a 2 compartment, 6 racket bag. There is an external pocket located besides the racket compartment and the shoe compartment is a front entry type, located just besides the clothes compartment.

IMG_2937.jpg

Material:
    External black color material resembles thick polyestherene and it felt rugged. The golden part is made of some kind of soft plastic. So durability overall should not be a problem for this bag. Also, with 6 rackets, a 750ml water bottle, 1 T shirt, 1 Full Towel, 2 tubes of birdies, a pair of shoes, and some misc items, this bag feels so light when i carry it as a backpack. When i put the same amount of items in my BAG 802AI, it felt heavier. So it maybe due to its compact design or the materials used.
    Water proofing has not yet been tested.

IMG_2938.jpg

Zips:
    Very nice shiny metal zip. Zipping and unzipping is very smooth and effortless. Like all JP Yonex bags, job well done in this department.

IMG_2939.jpg

Compartment Rooms:
    The racket compartment is suffcicient to hold up to 7-8 racket effortlessly even though it is rated as a 6 racket bag. At 9 rackets, however, it is a little bit of "packed" due to its compact design. Hence, not for some one with more than 8 rackets.
    The external compartment room (outside the racket compartment) is enough to hold misc items like handphones, wallets, keys, grips, scissors, etc etc.

IMG_2941.jpg

For the clothes compartment, it can fit in easily 3 T-shirts, a Yonex long towel, anti slip powder, my paper fan, 2 tubes of birdie and my SHB-101LTD shoes (at the shoe compartment). The shoe compartment for this bag is located just outsdie the clothes compartment and it is of front entry type, unlike some other Yonex bag which are bottom entry. This, i find it useful and convenient to load/unload the shoes.
    Once the shoes are in, the clothes compartment's space is half taken up. However, rest assured that it can still take all the above items i mentioned nicely.
    One downside of this bag is that due to its compact design, it doe not feature additional mesh pockets, hidden pockets, or internal pockets that other JP bags does.

IMG_2940.jpg

Other accesories:
    This bag comes with padded shoulder straps, for those that wish to carry the bag like a backpack. Again, the design is wonderful in that it "hugs" your back nicely with the shoulder straps and it makes the bag feels so light. Otherwise, the hand handles is strong enough to let you carry this bag using your bare hand.
    Also noticeable is that this bag has special design, like other JP bags that allows the bag to stand on its own up right, without the need to lean on the wall, although the real benefits of such is still questionable :p

IMG_2942.jpg

Conclusion:
    Overall this is a super stylish and compact bag. It is very sleek, and cool and sure to stand out the crowd when you carry it. Practicality wise, this bag can takes up to 7-8 rackets at ease, and 3 Ts, 2 tubes of birdie, anti slip powder, towel, small water bottle, a pair of shoes, and your regular wallet, handphones, scissors, keys, grips. It stays true to its compact minimalism design scheme with no extra pockets. Definitely a worth buy, if you can still source for it out there since this is a limited edition and no longer in production. Otherwise, 1022R maybe a good alternative since they are the same in design and built.

Signing off.

#1 tckang, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. AhRick

AhRick New Member

Badminton Coach
    Nice Bag Bro...~!~!

3. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

...no PG Limited Edition?

4. supersheep1988

supersheep1988 Regular Member

coach
    Nice and cool Bag u have bro...~

5. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Yes, very nice bag Mr. Chairman sir. I was intending to acquire the LCW white/gold version myself but the space limitation of the bag makes me hesitate. I am more use to 9-racquet bags as I really need the space. Maybe I could take a peep on your next trip here :D.

What can I say? You are Chairman of JP bags now instead of just JP white bag ;).

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nice review on the bag.. :) My white is collecting dust as in wrapped in a plastic bag. Was thinking of selling it.

7. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Thanks guys. It is just for sharing info among the forum community so they can decide better before buying any item.
    @Ara -> You are right about space or i should say "COMPACTNESS" of this bag. But it is really very cool looking.
    @Ants -> Maybe you could sell it to our JP Bags Sec-General aka Ara who is "interested" in getting a LCW white version :D :D :D

8. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Part time online badminton products seller
    There is the SP version available at the moment...
    perhaps quality differs a lot as well?
    [​IMG]

hope the shoulder straps on the SP version dont tear easily...

9. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I am not sure ....the SP version you are talking about is this limited edition version 1022Y, or the normal version 1022R? Both looks the same 100% mind you ...only color scheme is different.
    This version's SP model i do not own one so cannot comment. Previously i have the SP version of BAG 802AI (white) and it is not that long lasting, with shoulder strap snapping problem. (To compare, my JP version BAG802AI is still working fine after 1 year old d...)

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

tckang,

Do you own the light green on white bag (not sure of the model number but I think it is the same series)? What do you say? Tks.

RvS

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  12. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    You mean BAG 1002R and BAG 1002N? Nah ...i don't have them ...find them ugly to my taste. They are the replacement model for BAG 802AI.....nothing to do with this 1022R and 1022Y.

13. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
  14. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Wow, Tckang! Nice bag!!

15. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Actually i'm a shy guy so i prefer classic colours rather than flashy ones :D