Machine Height

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Kevin402can, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

I currently have a klippermate and when it is on my kitchen table it is too low. I can build a stand for it to make it higher. How high should the string bed be in relation to elbow height or what is you height and how high is your machine?
    regards
    Kevin

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am 5'8, and I find my kitchen coutertop is at the right height if I want to string it while standing. However, most time I prefer my coffee table, which means I can sit on the sofa / chair while doing the job. ;)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not sure if there is a fixed rule for how high a machine should be. but after thinking about it, the racket face around elbow height (or slightly higher) makes most sense. we regularly need to reach above and below the racket face and that height seems more comfortable.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I agree with both masters suggestion. When you are faster at weaving, you have 1 hand above and 1 hand below the string bed. So stringbed at elbow height or 1~2 inch above elbow height is prob the best IMHO.

5. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

Thanks for the comments, I will try to get my machine raised up a lot, it is will below elbow height for me.
    regards
    Kevin