SHB101 MX and SHB101 LTD sizing

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Xero888, Aug 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

I'm in a bit of a dilemma with regards to both of these shoes, so here's my situation:

I've tried on the SHB101 MX in a sz 7 instore and my toes were a thumb width from the front of the shoe. Is this too much space and if it is, I can't size down because a sz 7 is the smallest size available. Is there a difference in sizing between the LTD and MX, such as one fitting smaller or larger than the other? I was contemplating on what size to buy because I searched online and found some SHB101 LTD at mybadmintonstore.com in a 6 and 6.5 and was wondering which size to buy since SHB101 MX don't come in anything smaller than a 7.

2. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

SHB101 LTD are a bit narrower than the MX's. I could fit into a size 9 MX, but not the LTD.

3. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

The LTD should fit me perfectly then since my foot was a little loose width wise in the MX. So I'm guessing that the LTD and MX fit the same length wise, should I go for a sz 6 or 6.5?

4. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Not sure, I would suggest that you best try them on at a shop if you can, as your mileage may vary.

Online shops do suggest getting Yonex Shoes at 0.5 size bigger than your "normal" shoe size, as the yonex shoes generally are slightly smaller fitting.

5. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

I've gone to all my local badminton shops and a sz 7 is the smallest size that's carried, and only in the SHB101 MX. My normal shoe size is a 6 but that varies from brand to brand. My size 6 Nike Shox are almost too small, my sz 7 puma's are even smaller than my nike's and my size 6 Lacostes are about the same size as a sz 7 SHB101 MX. So basically it's up in the air with sizing. According to online shops, I should be getting the 6.5 then right?

6. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I might be a bit late but I think you should call the number given by the online store to check if they can arrange size 6.0 or 6.5 for you. It's always better to deal with human rather than online electronic form.

7. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Not too late, still haven't purchased the shoe yet. But I'll most likely go for a 6.5 considering that the 7 in MX is a thumb width from my toes to the edge if the shoe. A sz 6 will probably be too small and crush my toes. Unless I should go for a really tight fit, what should badminton shoes fit like?

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Hard to describe with word but is advisable not to go for tight fitting as that might impede your speed and peel off your feet skin. However, you shouldn't go for lose fit for apparent reason(you might lose the grip). Being comfortable is the key. However, if size 7 is just a thumb width space, you might be able to get away with wearing thicker socks(or 2 layers of socks) and tighten your shoe lace to make up for the room. If you wanna be conservative, just take 6.5, you can't go too wrong by taking the middle size. However, I will suggest that you to try the size out before you buy it. If you are buying MX, try MX version of another model in a shoe store(try LTD if buying LTD).

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I always buy one size bigger than usual and grow into the shoes, that means they last a bit longer and save me a small amount of money. :)

10. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Thanks for the info, I'll probably settle for a 6.5 then.