Looking to supplement my Yonex AT900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by myuugen, Aug 11, 2010.

1. myuugen

myuugen Regular Member

Engineer
    I currently own an Armortec 900T and 900P. I find myself playing with the 900T more often because the 900P is too head heavy and my wrist starts to hurt after playing a few games. I've taken some swings with my friends 9900 and find while its speed is much quicker, my hits don't seem as solid as they do with the 900T. Any suggestions to replace the 900P/supplement the 900T.

I predominately play doubles. I prefer being aggressive and smashing a lot, but I also play the net a lot.

2. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Are you looking only for Yonex brand or open to any other brands?

You could really give the Trinity 2 from the Pandaman a try. It will definitely give a good run for money and everything else. It has specific specs that you can choose to suit your requirement and pound for pound same speed at 9900(maybe even faster), power of AT900T, the solid feel and much cheaper. And yes I do personally have one and have used rackets like Cab21SP, AT700, AT900T, Ti10

Quoting from the Panda thread by visor

"Switching from AT900P to T2 might not turn you into Fu Haifeng, but with its faster swing, it may turn you into Cai Yun at the forecourt!"

3. myuugen

myuugen Regular Member

Engineer
    i'm open to any brand, I just mentioned Yonex becuase its one of the only brands I've really liked. My first racquet was a Hi Qua 2000.

Where would I be able to find a demo racquet for the Trinity 2? I already found the DC badminton site. Also, what is the pricing information?

4. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    I think the Pandaman should be somewhere around your area? Not too sure how far are you from him as I am like half way around the world. Better still contact him directly here! :)

5. shihman

shihman Regular Member

i don't understand this situation. if you like your at900t, why not just get another one.
    i used to play with at900t as well and have made the transition to ns9900 and i am glad i did. i also play double and mixed double mainly and ns9900 has definitely helped my game. but there is a transition/adjustment period and you have to be patient if you do make such change or to any other racket i suppose.

6. myuugen

myuugen Regular Member

Engineer
    I just want a new racket. I want something not as head heavy and could be better to use. Ill gice the 9900 another whirl. How's the arcsaber 10 and the ti10 stack up.

7. shihman

shihman Regular Member

ok. i guess for me i never understand why people, including some of my friends, like to play with different racket simply because of each racket plays differently with its feel, sweetspot and timing (weight). coming from a long history of playing tennis to now, i always like to keep few of same racket and varies in string type and tension for different situation and physical condition. :)

but in your case, i would recommend ti10 simply because it plays more similar to at900t except a slight heavier head which packs more power. i have tried arc10 before and it is not for me. well, i am not an arc series fan. again for me i feel it is not as forgiving and the head is too heavy, but it does have lots power. however if you want something completely different from at900t, then you should try the arc10.

good luck.

8. hydrazine_

hydrazine_ Regular Member

Student
    Lol i was in your situation just a few weeks back. Am also a AT900T user, except that i wanted something more head heavy, which in yonex terms equates to the AT700. AT900P is only marginally head heavier, and i didnt like the balance of the racquet. Have to say that AT700 worked well for me; not as cumbersome as many mentioned in the forum, just a tad slower than 900T, but definitely more powerful.

The NS9900 and Arc10 are very good racquets if you are looking at something similar to 900T but perhaps a little less head heavy and more allrounded. If you are not blinded by all the glamour of high-end racquets, then AT600 is worth a try if you can find one to play with for awhile. Also, change of strings my do the trick as well. The power in NBG98 is phenomenal, imho much better than BG66 or BG80. Give it a try too.