Lin Dan Coming To America!!!

Discussion in 'USA West' started by LittleLucky, Aug 12, 2010.

1. LittleLucky

LittleLucky Regular Member

Mortgage Banker
    Heard that Lin Dan is coming to Southern California for a Li Ning Exhibition at ABC. Lin Dan is definately the best badminton played on the planet. Lots of people will go see him play!

My question to Li Ning executives putting this together is why have the venue at a place where it is not setup for a major event like this? ABC is not a bad place to play. There are lots of friendly people there. I have a couple of issues with the club. The floor for one thing is too hard for my joints. My ankles hurt every morning after I play there. It is very dim inside the club. The lounge area is great. IT's SUMMERTIME and the club is located in the San Gabriel Valley!!!:eek: Can you only imagine how hot it will be inside ABC with all those people and no Air Conditioning?:crying:

There are better places that could host a major event like this. LABC or OCBC. LABC was built from the ground up to host International Badminton Events. Floor is nice and does not hurt my joints. High vaulted ceiling's. State of the art lighting system. Lights are off to the sides of each court just like in Thailand. CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING. Could attract and fit more people inside to watch Li Ning showcase their superstar! The other club would be OCBC. Went to my first US Open and was very impressed. The lighting could have been a bit brighter. The bleachers were very nice. The environment was better during the quarters all the way thru the finals because they had turned the air conditioning on high lol. Early rounds they didn't :mad:.

These two clubs are really setup to host big events. They are not a converted warehouse. Li Ning wants to impress us by bringing their big superstar to southern california! Then why choose a host who is not setup for the magnitude of this big event?

2. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I have heard rumors about him going to the Li Ning sponsored tournament at ZBTC. Where did you hear this and when would he be coming down? RIght now, he should be in the middle of training for the World Championships so I really doubt he has time to come visit America.

3. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    Heard the event is going to happen in two weeks.

4. CantSmashThis

World Championships are the 23rd-29th. Where'd you hear this from?

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Perhaps the other places are "sponsored" by Yonex, so are not allowed to host Lining?

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Visor might have a point. Anyway it is just LinDan and not the whole China Team. Now sure how many people will he attract? 3000?

7. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    ABC could not support 3000 people let alone 100 people. I could only imagine how hot it would be inside there without Air Conditioning. But I still will go. I will bring lots of water! It will be like a sauna inside there.

8. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    I don't see any major ad or promotion on google that suggest Li Ning is sponsering at ABC within too soon of a notice, let alone having lin dan host the event. And just "CantSmashThis" have said, world championships are coming that time too.

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    yes.and even if the other venues aren't sponsored by yonex/others the owners may have strong ties with them so would not want to comprimise this relationship. eg Yonex sponsor US open held at OCBC.

you answer your own question, you will go anyway, it is a massive event....

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    If the venue is full no matter how big or small the hall is.. its considered a success.

11. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    In Asia badminton is huge! I would like badminton to be very popular here in America. Watching the semis and finals at the US Open was so much fun. In order to attract a variety of people I just want a venue to showcase what a great game this is. I don't want the venue to be held at a converted warehouse. That is cheap and is an insult to the game. Especially when badminton in America is trying to go MAINSTREAM. The fans and players in Asia take that for granted because it is already a big sport there.

12. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    Lin Dan will be here after the world championships.

13. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    I feel that LABC is a neutral club. When LABC first opened the doors Li Ning had held a very successful tournament at LABC. Big turnout! Then just a week after the US Open it held its first Yonex Tournament. Check this out.
    http://www.facebook.com/labadmintonclub

14. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

Heard from another forum that there will be an exhinition match between LD & BCL at ggbc on 9/2. This looks very real.

15. CantSmashThis

Does anyone have any proof on any of this? I would love for this to happen, but so far it all seems like rumors saying Lin Dan is heading to every gym in California.

16. shreky

shreky Regular Member

wtf .... is this true???

where else aside from abc and ggbc2?

when in abc? it was mentioned 9/2 in ggbc2.

.... this would be perfect during the labor day long weekend.

17. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have confirmed that the rumor is true.

location will be ABC and GGBC1 (Menlo Park, aka now Royal Badminton Academy).

ppl are the same as rumored, plus a couple of "coaches"

there will be an official announcement in a couple of day, i heard.

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Tang Xian Hu?

That would be big news...(for me anyway, pity I am not in US..)

20. LittleLucky

Mortgage Banker
    That's great news but why is Li Ning choosing ABC over better suited clubs that could do a better job hosting the event like LABC? LABC has better lighting, higher ceilings and air conditioning. LABC could accomodate bigger crowds of people.

The whole point of the event is for Li Ning to promote their products and the sport. So why do they choose a converted warehouse to do that lol? They are bringing in their "Top Gun" from overseas to do the exhibition. Why not showcase the event at a premier club that was actually built from the ground up for badminton like LABC?