User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well connected. Anyway its always good if they get a good event organizer or agent. But since the court owner is the Sales manager for Li Ning, he can get the job done much faster..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    - Time, 5pm to 9 pm, it should be cool enough by then..*cross fingers*
    - Why ABC instead of LABC or SGVBC or OCBC? my hunch is there is a bit of a tie with the club owners (the one up north in Menlo Park is an interesting one as there are so many of them to choose). For the most part, the sponsorship issue as well..Personally, for this type of event, it would be better held at LABC or OCBC (open layout w/out any posts/column in the middle of the building) for the spectators..
    - The one scheduled in Menlo Park (NorCal) should generate much2 more crowd than in L.A.
    - I wonder why they are not holding one up in Vancouver (Beautiful British Columbia, Canada). Vancouver is arguably the 2nd largest city in North America with the most Asian population.
    - $20 to watch a 4 hr baddy exhibition. For first timers or for LD fans or for those who haven't watched BCL or LD play live, this event is quite worth it.
    - I am sure Li-Ning will be selling their products at the events.
    - Schedule: 2 days after the WC finishes. Basically LD will be flying out of Paris right after the end of the WC (if he goes all the way to the Finals Rd.).
    It would be for the best to be held at LABC. OCBC would be nice but I think they have strong ties with Yonex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Well connected. Anyway its always good if they get a good event organizer or agent. But since the court owner is the Sales manager for Li Ning, he can get the job done much faster..
    Most likely. As a spectator I want to watch in a comfortable well lit and air conditioned arena.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A few more notes..

..so i went and stopped by ABC y'day and inquired abt a few more things. These might be different when LD, BCL, LYB & TBY visit RBA (NorCal) on Sep. 2nd:
    - Apparently, the schedule mentioned from 5pm to 9pm includes 2 hrs of lecture (5pm to 7pm) and 2 hrs of playing (7pm til 9pm). They will not play all 4 hrs.
    - I don't know if they will have a translator to translate the lecture session or not.
    - I heard they are limiting the tickets to about 400 tickets only. First come, first serve for the tix. Yes, they will take reservations. No tickets, no admittance. Yes, they will have someone at the door to check the ticket.
    - They will close the club for open play in that 4 hr period.
    - Yes, ABC is the largest Li Ning provider in SoCal, at least in the L.A. region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EBA is now the host of the Li-Ning Champions Tour for Northern California. Please check out our thread or join our facebook page for more details.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

here is what i got from Mike Yang, Managing Director of Li Ning:

Due to unexpected circumstances and inability to assure full cooperation; Li-Ning USA has changed the SF Bay area venue of "Li-Ning Champions Tour" to Eastbay Badminton Association, http://www.eastbaybadminton.com/. We apologize if this change has caused any inconvenience.

All official tickets will only be sold at the following three locations:

(LA)
    1. SGVBC, http://www.sgvbc.net/
    2. ABC, http://www.abadminton.com/

(SF)
    EBA, http://www.eastbaybadminton.com/

We look forward to seeing you at these two historical events with Li-Ning Badminton Superstars!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Ning Team responsible for putting this tour together is really not thinking clearly. The FIRST event ever held was the Li Ning sponsored tournament at LABC. The second tournament ever held at LABC was the Yonex tournament. LABC is a neutral club.

The club was built from the ground up to host International Events like this tour. What is Li Ning thinking lol? Seriously!!!!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the tickets to the EBA (Emeryville) event is all gone now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if tickets to ABC are available? Couldn't get a hold of them

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thejym View Post
    did you call them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thejym View Post
    ..as of 2 nights ago, when i was there, ABC still has 100 tix available; i'm not sure abt now..the person told me, they only have 300 tix available (for the Aug. 31st event @ ABC), different than the 400 tix available as mentioned earlier..first come, first serve, so give them a call soon if you want a ticket. It's one of those rare chances to meet LD, BCL, LYB and TBY up close and personal..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-19-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..as of last night, as i checked w/ABC's front attendants, the tickets for sale @ ABC have been sold out/reserved. And i would assume the ones sold @ SGVBC are also sold out..Best case scenario if you can't get them is to be put on a waiting list & come on the day of the event and hope some people can't make it..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

couple of days ago i called up EBA to pay for some tickets that i reserved. while i was on hold, the EBA staff was talking to another customer who didn't managed to get any tickets. he insisted that he will camp out outside EBA in order to be first in line for anyone who return them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look it will be a great success this time. Maybe Mike Yang may consider a local college gym next time like San Jose State or U of Santa Clara that can hold a few thousand people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i was told by one of the ABC's front desk attendants, one of the reasons why they only have a limited amt of tickets is because the amt of time to set up those 300-400 chairs (yes, they're a lot). I would imagine the club would still be open for public play until the scheduled 5 pm start. Then they would at least need close to 1 hr to set up that many chairs.....hmm, maybe that's the reason for the delay to 6:15pm(?) for the Sep. 2nd show in EBA, so they will have time to set-up the chairs? (as mentioned by kwun in another board)..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-21-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the delay to 6.15pm is not setup related.

there will be a press conference opens to only media that starts around 5-5.30pm. after that, the main event for ticket holders start 6.15pm. however, the schedule is always in flux. i will post the final schedule once i manage to obtain it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the delay to 6.15pm is not setup related.

there will be a press conference opens to only media that starts around 5-5.30pm. after that, the main event for ticket holders start 6.15pm. however, the schedule is always in flux. i will post the final schedule once i manage to obtain it.
    ..but i assume the event will still last for 4 hrs as advertised, correct?..not shortened to only 2+ hrs??..or will it still end at 9 pm, as advertised?..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast