User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..but i assume the event will still last for 4 hrs as advertised, correct?..not shortened to only 2+ hrs??..or will it still end at 9 pm, as advertised?..
    2.5 hours is what i was told. i think they are still working on the program so anything can change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i stopped by ABC & SGVBC today and here are a few more updates:
    - Since the tickets have been sold out @ ABC, i asked the manager if they will be releasing any more tickets. Lo and behold, he told me i could actually purchase them today as they are releasing some more tickets (an extra 50 more tickets). After further discussion, he told me tickets will most likely be available all the way until Aug. 31st.
    As for the start time, apparently it is also the same as the NorCal show (6:15 pm).
    - I then stopped by SGVBC and asked one of the front desk attendants if there are any tickets left. The attendant told me there are still about 70 tickets left (they were originally given around 100 tickets). However, for right now, only SGVBC members could purchase them. Non-members/public would be able to purchase them starting on the 26th of August (next Thursday).

*btw, not sure if kwun/mods want to merge this thread w/the other thread on the Li-Ning Champion Tour??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-22-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A brief sneak peek of the August 31st show..

..went to the ABC club last night and took these photos as they were still preparing for the Li-Ning Champion Tour event..

Btw, i asked one of the club's personnel and the person told me, there are more than 500 tickets sold already (incl. VIP seats). From ABC alone, there are about 200 tickets sold already..

Anyway, here are the pics..the only ones, as i will be giving this event a miss...Though, we'll look fw to master kwun's coverage in a couple more days..
    Yes, they will have speakers for sound system. They've also taken down the nettings from 2 of the courts.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by ctjcad; 08-31-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that's a lot of A-Boards!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..yeah, looks like they'll probably surround the playing/exhbition court with those boards..there will be a media session also, the same as the one in NorCal, so the event might be recorded and broadcasted..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's next after these 2 exhibition/marketing events..

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the way i see it is that badminton is badminton. whether it is warehouse or a backalley or a stadium, as a spectator, i wouldn't careless. as long as it manage to attract people, it is good.
    my 2 cents:
    ..so, i want to see what is next and what will Li-Ning actually do with marketing their brand esp. in the U.S.?..
    How are they going to be competitive with an already established brand like Yonex?
    If Li-Ning really want to break into the U.S. market and make its brand popular, they need to go and really market themselves into schools and have special promotional events often.
    I think only doing this kind of event once every so often is not enough.
    Having CHN players don Li-Ning brand across their outfit or even wielding Li-Ning rackets is not enough.
    How about actually making their rackets more affordable for the main masses?
    How about sending CHN national players to next yr's U.S. Open?
    How about start sponsoring local schools and local badminton events starting in high school to university?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly agreed. If they send the 4 Wang's to LA next year, that will for sure attract a lot of audiences including me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i will be attending the press conference, in case if there is an opportunity to do a Q&A session, do you have any questions you would like me to ask LD / BCL and Li-Ning?

reasonable ones of course. i am not going to ask LYB if CJ manipulated the shuttles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did Lin dan wrap his towel grip!.. Why he prefer to wrap till like that and hold the wood..

Ask LYB what is his team's goal in the upcoming asian games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will be attending the press conference, in case if there is an opportunity to do a Q&A session, do you have any questions you would like me to ask LD / BCL and Li-Ning?

reasonable ones of course. i am not going to ask LYB if CJ manipulated the shuttles.
    ..ooh, ooh, ooh, i have a question *raises arm real high*:

Can you please ask LD (and maybe LYB) what's the real reason(s) he lost to PSH in the recent WC?...please, please, pleaaaaaase???....thanks..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 2 cents:
    ..so, i want to see what is next and what will Li-Ning actually do with marketing their brand esp. in the U.S.?..
    How are they going to be competitive with an already established brand like Yonex?
    If Li-Ning really want to break into the U.S. market and make its brand popular, they need to go and really market themselves into schools and have special promotional events often.
    I think only doing this kind of event once every so often is not enough.
    Having CHN players don Li-Ning brand across their outfit or even wielding Li-Ning rackets is not enough.
    How about actually making their rackets more affordable for the main masses?
    How about start sponsoring local schools and local badminton events starting in high school to university?
    Agree, agree, agree. Still don't see any compelling reason to buy LN over YY. These nickle-and-dime events won't do it. In addition to your list of suggestion, how about sponsor the U.S Open?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another quick update:

- Apparently the show in L.A. garnered more than 500 people up to close to 700 people total. The 2 bleachers along the side of the court could occupy up to 500 people combined (abt at least 250+ per bleachers seating). While the one up in Emeryville attracted a lesser audience (because of a limited number of tickets), no more than 300.
    - The show in L.A. didn't have the photo & autograph signing session (organizer just wasn't prepared). However the organizer up in Emeryville realized what happened and provided a photo & autograph signing session.
    - The show in L.A. had a mini press conference session but no media interviews session. While the show in Emeryville didn't have the press conference session but had the media interviews session.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky norcal people got signatures and pics... sigh... They didn't have an autograph session last year when Taufik was down at SGVBC either (though I managed to snag one heh)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thejym View Post
    Lucky norcal people got signatures and pics... sigh... They didn't have an autograph session last year when Taufik was down at SGVBC either (though I managed to snag one heh)
    actually, to clarify. they will only give signature if one buys $100+ worth of LiNing products.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow CHN players' signatures on the LiNing products

actually, to clarify. they will only give signature if one buys $100+ worth of LiNing products.
    I gather that they would only sign their autographs on LiNing products; Am I right ???

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    I gather that they would only sign their autographs on LiNing products; Am I right ???
    i am sure they will sign on paper, etc. too.

but not sure if they will sign it on Yonex products...

they probably will.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4