My new BS10 and SW35 have.......identical specs!?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Maklike Tier, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Okay, so I just got a SW35 and a BS10 and weighed them, balanced them, and they're identical save for the fact that the SW35 is 91g and the BS10 is 90g. Both have a BP of 294mm. Both are 3U.

How weird is that?

They both feel different in the hand even unstrung, so I hope strung they have different feels. I'm expecting the SW35 to be a hammer, so I hope I'm not disappointed!

What specs have others got from their BS10's and SW35s?

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I doubth they will play the same. The flex may be different & the composition of the frame/shaft is also different.

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Oh yeah, the SW35 is the stiffest thing ever. Just dry flexing the shaft with your hands is a scary experience - it really is like nothing else.

In fact, my shoulder has already announced that it wants to break off from the Commonwealth and be a badminton free republic.

4. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    A balance point of a racket only indicates whether its headlight (<285mm) even balance (285mm+/-5mm) or head heavy (>290mm).

As in this case the SW35 could have the same BP as BS10 but feel different is because the positioning of the weights 1.) the weight of the SW35 is placed below the 3 and 9 o'clock of the frame (nearer to the grip but more weight, thats why we can feel its heavier when in play) whereas BS10 weight is placed above that position but less weight required.

Also the swing weight for both rackets are different. SW35 generates about 92gm/mm whereas BS10 is only 88gm/mm if I remembered correctly the last time I scaled both rackets therefore both rackets perform differently during play but have almost identical BP.

My two cents.

#4 Aspire, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I believe that the SW35's BP, is meant to be 295mm+/-5

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Getting them strung now. Playing again in Tuesday, so I'll report back then.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

BS10 and SW35 are completely different - BS10 is an Arcsaber-style all-rounder, with a thinner shaft and higher kick point; SW35 is the stiffest Victor in the universe, with a thicker frame, designed for smashing.

When I reviewed the BS10 earlier this year I gave it 4.5/5 - it's an almost perfect all court racket. Could do with being a bit stiffer, though.

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Okay, so I played a few games with each, and yeah they are completely different. The BS10.....honestly, I have no idea what the difference is between it and my BS11. They feel the same to me.

The SW35 is incredibly stiff, yet strangely doesn't kill your arm like some ultra stiff rackets do. I liked it, but I think the Brave Swords are better all-rounders, but I'm disappointed my BS10 is not stiffer than my BS11, which I was hoping it was.

What is the exact difference between the BS10 and BS11??? When I got my 10, it had the same stiffness rating on the shaft.