Need a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Idmania, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Idmania

Idmania New Member

Hey guys,

I need some advice, I was playing with a cabonex 15 racquet until I broke it tonight and now I need something to replace it.

I liked this racquet although not as much as the cab20 I had previously, but its been so long since I have looked at buying another one I'm not sure what I should be looking at.

My game is designed more towards touch and feel over big hitting, although I can smash fairly well when i have to.

Looking to take advantage of some of the newer racquets e.g. nano9900 or something like that. Would this be a big adjustment and would it suit my game? I know this is probably a hard question to ask but any advice would be greatly appreciated as I need something asap.

Cheers

2. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    My game is designed more towards touch and feel over big hitting, although I can smash fairly well when i have to.

I guess you're an allround player who likes soft feeling racket. Get a HOLD racket, not a REPULSION one, avoid nanospeed series. Try the arcsaber series. If you like cab20, a stiff racket, try arcsaber 8DX.
    If you want to improve your smash, get an armortec series. At700 is my #1 recommendation.
    I hope this can help.

3. Flixor

Flixor Regular Member

Try out the Carlton Vapour Trail Tour.

I find it has a nice feel and is very fast due to its light weight (84 g).

I am very hapy with it.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Flypower Warrior 8

5. Idmania

Idmania New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, went the 8dx. Will have my first hit with it tomorrow night, can't wait to try it, feels great!