Worried about Yonex Armortec 900 Power

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Rasuke96, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rasuke96

Rasuke96 Regular Member

None
    Ok Guys, I bought a new Yonex Armortec 900 Power from "Shyara Sports" , the local distributor in Sri Lanka a few days ago. When I bought it, it came "factory strung" so I was worried that it would be fake since Yonex rackets don't normally come with strings. The string was Yonex BG-65. I don't know the tension but it feels pretty low and bouncy. So I went ahead and bought it. The price was $249 (which I consider pretty high).

When I came home, I did a little search on the racket and everything (colour, shape, Yonex hologram) looked perfect. Then I checked the serial number with the "Post Your Yonex Serial Numbers" (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...rs-Here-(No-eBay-Enquiries)-Read-Post-1-First!) and leehsim replied that it was legitimate.

The problem now is that one of the strings in the racket is gone so I have to go get it restrung. I am afraid to do so in case it breaks! I want to get it strung at 25 lbs with BG-80.
    I am not sure what to do, should I continue playing with the broken strings or should I go and get it restrung?

P.S : Also, the racket did not come with the normal Armortec case, it came with some red bag-like case.

2. wyemarn

wyemarn Regular Member

Student
    I wonder how can u play with broken strings. 25lbs is well within limit for AT900 3U so I suggest you get it restrung.

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

It's not really possible to play with a broken string as each hit will make it lose more and more tension until ultimately your shots go nowhere.

I would suggest taking your racket to the shop that sold it to you and have them string it. If the racket breaks, either the shop did a bad job of stringing or the racket is fake.

4. Rasuke96

Rasuke96 Regular Member

None
    Thanks, I am going to try getting it restrung. Another big thing I am worried about is that the dealer says that they do not offer warranty as here in Sri Lanka, it is not available. Is this true? I do not want to break such a valuable racket in vain. Only thing I am sure about is that the shop is the real distributor for Sunrise and Co. They sell Mikasa as well as Yonex. They also "assured" me that all their rackets are originals and that they get their rackets shipped from Singapore. My coach (who isn't an ordinary coach, he is a national player of 22 years) says that he is really sure that they sell originals only. My only worries are
    1) that the racket came pre-strung
    2) It came in an unusual bag
    3) No warranty

5. Rasuke96

Rasuke96 Regular Member

None
    I got it strung (NBG-95 at 25 lbs) and the racket is better than ever. Iam pretty sure it's legit now. Thanks guys

6. mahinthan5

mahinthan5 Regular Member

IT Professional
    If you want to buy real goods. I mean genuine.. stay out of SRILANKA. Here only you can buy is what they get. LOLS. I always get affected by "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" and get lost in bad country. I'm a beginner in colombo using carbonex 21Sp (Don't know original or not coz i bought it for 6400 Rupees in Emperior sports MC). Strung broken in first day of play. Then i just restrung it in 21lbs(I"M A DARN BEGINER). Purrrrr

Serch for my post. Then you can find my racket story..

#6 mahinthan5, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  7. mahinthan5

mahinthan5 Regular Member

IT Professional