08-15-2010, 11:41 PM #1
Grand Opening of New York Badminton Center
For those of you who love badminton or would like to get some free playing:
We are happy to announce the Grand Opening of the New York Badminton Center
at Flushing, New York. We cordially invite you to join us in a series of fun
activities starting at 1:00 pm, Aug 21st, 2010. We are excited to provide
our guests with the following offerings:
1. Early bird membership sign-up prices (50% off first 10 membership; 10% off all
other memberships signed up on Aug 21, 2010)
2. Free youth clinic (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up; 20 seats
3. A chance to win varies of Yonex products and free memberships (total
value over $1,000)
4. Free playing for the day
We are looking forward to seeing you at NYBC, 132-68 34th Ave, Flushing on
Aug 21st, 1:00 pm.
08-16-2010, 12:59 AM #2
A poster for the Grand Opening
08-16-2010, 01:15 AM #3
wow very impressive. With 1k I could get Tech Fit clothes arm sleeve/thigh support rackets( not yonex, and probably not high ends) and light shoes (for jump smash) for on-court performance. With the extra money it would be dedicated to a new gaming computer But yeah thats a hell of a sponsorship right there
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM #4
08-16-2010, 09:30 PM #5
Very nice looking center, especially the lights and the rubber floor. But just looking at the pic, looks like the wall is so close to the back line. And also perhaps you should remove those long chairs for safety issue.
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM #6
To be fair, I am quotting other people's comment (LazyBuddy) on the back line space: Yes and no. Yes, it's a bit closer than my like. No, the actual space is definitely much wider than the picture (angle?) shows.
For the chairs, thank you for the suggestion! I will let the owner know about this. So far, they have had pre-opening for a month and no one has complained and has any problem with those chairs. I think that's because they put the chair very close to the service line area, which is a slightly "less traffic" spot on the court.
08-18-2010, 08:19 PM #7
08-19-2010, 11:02 PM #8
My suggestion is to leave only 1 chair in the middle between 2 courts, which is good enough for players to put shuttles, drinks, spare rackets, or take a rest (if not too many waiting). On the 2 sides (which have tons of spaces), leave more benches (instead of single chairs) for players to drop off their racket bags.
08-19-2010, 11:04 PM #9
Is free play offered only on 21st or 21st and 22nd?
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM #10
Up to now, I've been in this new gym for about 8~10 times already. So, I think it's the time I can provide an updated review :-D
1. Again, the best part of this facility is the floor. I have pretty bad knee injury from my younger days, therefore, after an intensive session on regular hard wood floor, I can definitely feel some "uncomfortness" here and there. However, in NYBC, the floor definitely provide a lot of more cushion for my joints. Even after an intensive session of 4-5 hrs, I can still hardly feel any pain.
2. In my first review, I said the lighting need a bit more time to adjust. Now, I can see that I feel much more comfortable already. So, time definitely plays the trick.
3. I like a lot of the "additions" besides the court itself. Such as resting area with soft, coffe table, fans, vending machine, show facility, changing room, etc. Yeah, those are all small things, but definite brings more comfort to the players. Oh, did I metion that they even have a playing room designate for lil kids?
Overall, a very nice facility for sure.
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM #11
rackets for rent?
hello everyone, wana play in this court nybc, do they have rackets for rent, and also what time and day players come in for queuing so i can be able to play with others..
By mindbodyheart09 in forum Canada EastReplies: 0: 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
By hmypnrg in forum USA EastReplies: 1: 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
By victorip in forum Canada WestReplies: 0: 08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
By cat2511 in forum California Badminton Academy ( CBA )Replies: 0: 04-18-2010, 09:41 PM
By kwun in forum Bay Badminton Center ( BBC )Replies: 8: 02-19-2008, 08:06 PM