ASG FLYPOWER Warriors 7 - review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by lshiun, Aug 16, 2010.

1. lshiun

lshiun New Member

Name: ASG FLYPOWER WARRIORS 7
    Flex: Stiff
    Weight and Grip Size: 3U G2 (weighted 84g with original grip and stringless)
    Balance Point: 295mm (slightly head heavy)
    String: YY BG6 with 26lbs
    Technology: Woven Tech
    Damage: RM330 with a grip, ASG rackets bag + RM23 for YY BG6

I just bought and used this weapon yesterday. i was thinking to buy NS9900 or similar feel racket, if any. Arrived the shop and tried swinging all the available rackets to find the other options as NS9900 is little too expensive for me. Finally i found a gem and i was so surprised that this Flypower warriors 7 has a great feeling and i would say very similar to NS9900 although its slightly headheavy.

Game time: During warm up, i feel the solidness of the racket, however the original grip is awful, it does not have any tacky feel and no absorption. I had no choice but changing to my favorite Babolat Pro Tour overgrip. During the game, drives are excellent, both defensive and offensive. The reaction or swing speed is fast but just slightly less compare to NS9900. Baseline to baseline is extremely comfortable. Clear and smash is excellent thanks to fast head speed. Net shoot is easy too. Overall this racket produce great power and speed.

Conclusion: Extremely happy with the overall performance of this racket. Great value for money.

Racket Rating:
    Feel: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 9.5/10
    Defense: 8.5/10
    Look and Finish: 8.5/10
    Value for Money: 10/10

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    out of interest, where did you purchase the warrior 7? in johor bahru? i'm looking for the djarum racket bags :)