Singapore Indoor Stadium : YOG

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by blindaim, Aug 16, 2010.

1. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

2. pchospital

pchospital Regular Member

PC servcing and DIY PC
    wow the yonex racket snap?:)
    Only saw saw the yy logo on the string:)

3. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

so "easy" to break the racket , YY.

4. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    If anyone intend to go to the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS) to catch some badminton action, do not bother. The tickets are "sold out". Please allow me to share my experience.

I took time off from work on Monday afternoon 16th August 2010 to attend the Badminton premininary rounds at SIS. I joined the long queue of fervent badminton supporters at the SIS ticketing counter to purchase a ticket but was terribly disappointed and surprised when told by the staff that the tickets were "sold out". Even a 5-star tournament eg Singapore Open is not a sold out event.

Fortunately my friend Mr. Scanner gave me his ticket and I managed to enter the SIS. To my dismay, the SIS was less than 20% filled with spectators. One side of the SIS was reserved for players and the seats on another side were covered by a banner, which leaves two sides available for spectators.

I was at SIS for at least six hours and the majority of the spectators were schoolchildren who were there on a school excusion trip. The children were more interested in playing "catching" than watching the games. Most of them left with their teachers within two hours.

There were many seats available at the SIS and the event was definitely not "sold out" as the ticketing staff claimed. I actually wrote to the organising committee via the Straits Times forum to ask for an explanation why supporters were turned away when the stadium was empty. Too bad my letter was not published.

ps By the way the security at SIS is as tight, if not more tight than at the airport. You will be asked to empty your pockets (and take out your belt!) before you go through the screening.

6. pchospital

pchospital Regular Member

PC servcing and DIY PC
    YOG event is badly organised><
    Ah Peng booked his court at Clementi Sports Hall but he was contacted to collect refund, mentioned by SSC that hall booked for YOG.
    Terrible.

7. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

information from other source , the minstries ie moe , mindef .....bought most of the tickets , of coz using govt fund.
    but from the tv , it was less than 20 percent occupied.

i feel say for those who went and unable to get tickets.
    for me , it is good to buy online using visa.
    not worth the trip to go down and get disappointed with time and leave.

8. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

If the government bodies really bought the tickets using govt funds but never show up during the games, it really means that Singapore doesn't like the sports but 死爱面子 - to give wrong impression to the media and public that the event is very popular and all tickets sold out.

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I also wrote to the YOG organising commitee and this is their response:

Thank you for your email.

We understand where you are coming from. SYOGOC is reviewing on our process to make the experience better for spectators. Meanwhile, please bear with us.

We look forward to your continued support for the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games!

Best Regards,

Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC)
    Website: www.singapore2010.sg | Address: 1 Kay Siang Road Singapore 248922

Unquote

By the time the YOG finish reviewing their process, the YOG badminton finals would be over lah....

Thanks to the tight security checks, there was a long queue of spectators outside SIS waiting to get inside the stadium even after the matches had already started 30 mins ago. The queue was from the main entrance to the overhead bridge.

#11 Sealman, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

try u luck to buy the ticket online using visa before u go.
    security cannot be compromise. think have to reach early....anyway , it is going to end soon.

12. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

Sealman you are on the news...... are you Mr Leong Soon Hong???

Aug 19, 2010
    YOG TICKET MYSTERY
    Sold out, but seats empty
    Organisers will resell tickets to walk-in fans and fill empty seats
    By Leonard Lim & Jonathan Wong

[​IMG]

ORGANISERS of the Singapore Youth Olympic Games (YOG) have moved to correct a ticketing problem that has seen scores of empty seats at the Games - although tickets have been sold out.

From today, seats unoccupied at any of the 18 competition venues across the island will be released to the public.

The move, which comes at the halfway stage of the Aug 14-26 event, is in response to complaints from those who have been unable to purchase tickets despite the unfilled stadiums.

This was especially evident for some of the sports like tennis, hockey and badminton.

Some fans have linked this to the fact that some spectators - especially students given tickets from the Ministry of Education's bulk purchase of 80,000 passes - do not stay for the duration of the sessions, which can last up to seven hours.

A total of 320,000 tickets have been made available for the public to catch the 26 sports on offer. Tickets cost between $10 and $30.

Acknowledging the problem of unoccupied seats, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan said yesterday: 'What I have been receiving now is many appeals, through e-mail, phone calls and SMS, that, 'I want to get into this particular event, I can't get tickets, what can I do?'

'What we realise is that although all the tickets are sold, some people come late or they leave early.'

This being the case, venue managers at the sites - such as the Singapore Indoor Stadium (badminton), Kallang Tennis Centre and Bishan Stadium (athletics) - have been instructed to resell tickets to walk-in fans if seats are still unoccupied once a session has started.

Also, the gallery section at Jalan Besar Stadium will be open from today, in time for Singapore's vital football match against Montenegro.

The section, which seats roughly 2,000, was closed for earlier matches because organisers felt they could not fill the seats.

'But I need to emphasise that I cannot guarantee entry for people who come in at the last minute,' Dr Balakrishnan said on the sidelines of yesterday's swimming competition at the Singapore Sports School.

'But if at all possible, there is a spare seat, we will make it available to you. I want to ensure that every single seat is filled and that all our athletes get the support that they so richly deserve.'

But this could mean two ticket holders for one seat. But for those who buy tickets early and arrive late, Dr Balakrishnan promised that organisers would do their best to find a seat for them.

'Even if it means kicking someone like myself or the officials out of the official seat...we will do so,' he said.

At least one school has acted to offer excess tickets to parents of students at $10 each for a number of YOG events. Parents of students in Bukit Timah Primary can obtain the tickets directly from the school.

In the past few days, several sports fans have written to The Straits Times Forum page after having been turned away at venues because tickets were 'sold out'.

Mr Leong Soon Hong, who took time off from work on Monday to watch badminton at the 5,000-seat Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), was told by staff that there were no tickets available. He managed to get a spare ticket from a friend, and once inside, was dismayed to see that many seats were unoccupied.

He said: 'I was at SIS for at least six hours, and the majority of the spectators were schoolchildren. Most left with their teachers within two hours.'

Checks by The Straits Times yesterday at locations such as the Sengkang Hockey Stadium and Kallang Tennis Centre showed that while tickets were unavailable at the site, online and through the YOG's ticketing hotline, many seats were indeed empty.

This was a turn-off for Canadian Satya Chaube and his two children, who waited four hours in the hope that they would get tickets into the Sengkang venue.

Said Mr Chaube, 40, who stood outside the fenced exterior with his family to watch Australia take on Ghana: 'I am disappointed that they didn't allow us inside.'

Schools whose students left YOG sessions early cite time constraints as a reason.

Explained North Vista Secondary's head of the department of humanities Julia Edison: 'We have to take into consideration the concerns of parents, as well as arranging transport for our students.'

This is especially important for sports that begin in the late afternoon, she said: 'They might have to stay past dinner, and we have to think about their meals.'

#13 blindaim, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    tried that before i went down... the website was down...

yes that's me... but they spelt my name incorrectly...

14. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

good job for suaning the organising committe...however they earn twice or thrice for a ticket.
    anyway the thai boy won the gold.

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks to the minister's comments, more seats were released to the public (The Players/VIP section was reduced by half). Managed to get tickets after queueing for 1 hour outside the SIS. Special thanks to the SISTIC boss Mr. Andrew Chin who asked his staff to offer bottles of mineral water to those standing in the queue under the sun.