Easiest to understand and imitate footstep works tutorials

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by bogensaebel, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    can anyone here suggest to me the best tutorial to learn the footstep works of badminton?this is my biggest flaw at the moment.I seem lost and honestly sort of mentally blocked when i try to learn it from my friends. so the best thing is the footstep tutorials for beginners.my motivation in badminton at the moment really2 high.so please help me :D:D

2. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    I don't know how old you are, but first you will need to know a little about how you learn! Some learn best by reading other by viewing, and some by listening. When you know your learning style, you will also know where to go! So if you want to read go for library, if you have the need for discus and investigate, then take courses or be active in this forum, if want to view go search youtube or see http://www.bestoncourt.com/ContentId/55/Default.aspx?MenuItemId=17 or http://www.badmintonbible.com/videos/split-drop.php!

3. .spot.

.spot. Regular Member

Student
    First, I "learned" correct footwork here at BC and YT. But to really play it out on court took me some time, where I seemed to play much weaker (even as a early beginner) than I was used to.

Trying to apply the things you theoretically learned, will distract you from your normal play.
    But if you stick to what you've read and later check if you're still doing it right, then your footwork will slowly automate and your focus will again be fully at the game.
    At some point, with the basics right, your footwork will develop by itself and you will see yourself intuitively taking slight jumps to smash or to intercept higher shots.

That's the point, where I am at, after 3/4 of playing 3-4 times a week.

I now try to put focus in doing jumpsmashes and sideways jumps correctly, which leads to mishits sometimes, but yet I see developement.
    The fastest way however to acquire a good footwork is to take coached lessons, of course.

Hope that helped a bit, good luck and have fun.

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You may find my footwork guide to be a helpful starting point. It doesn't cover everything (yet!), but it's a useful overview.

Footwork is a huge and complicated subject. If you can narrow down your question to something more specific -- say, footwork for a particular shot or situation -- then it may be easier to answer.