Washing the shoe

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by b2harath2, Aug 17, 2010.

1. b2harath2

b2harath2 Regular Member

bAdminton student
    Hi, I have been using Yonex badminton shoes foe nearly 1 full year. It has become dirty on the top due to dust , sweat etc. SO, if I try to wash it, will its sole or any other part of the shoe get affected. If i use these shoes ( after washing) on court, will it be sort of sticky to the ground? So please tell me If I can wash the shoe or just I have to dust it with a dry cloth?

2. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    re locate this topic to Clothing&Footwear

3. b2harath2

b2harath2 Regular Member

bAdminton student
    Washing the badminton shoe

Hi, I have been using Yonex badminton shoes foe nearly 1 full year. It has become dirty on the top due to dust , sweat etc. SO, if I try to wash it, will its sole or any other part of the shoe get affected. If i use these shoes ( after washing) on court, will it be sort of sticky to the ground? So please tell me If I can wash the shoe or just I have to dust it with a dry cloth?

4. .spot.

.spot. Regular Member

Student
    Opinions on washing sports shoes go apart, and I never washed a Yonex shoe.
    I use to wash my sports shoes like every 8 months with just little soap at 30°C, i didn't feel any decrease in Quality (Asics and Adidas). Some people say, that washing them would destroy the cushioning, though. You certanly loose the warranty.
    I even called the asics distributor back then and the woman told me, she'd wash her jogging shoes herself. ;-)
    So, after a year I would say why not..
    For unpleasant smells you could try shoe deodorant or even deep freezing them. (I heard.. o_O)