Alternative to Victor SW36??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by radicalrev, Aug 19, 2010.

1. radicalrev

radicalrev Regular Member

Been playing with the SW36 for almost a year now and I am truly satisfied with what this racket provides.

Anyhow, I am looking for another racket as a backup. I want something similar to the SW36 but I want a faster swing, and a little bit stiffer. :D

So anyone please give recommendations?

Oh, I prefer to stick with the Victor brand but I am certainly open to others as well.

Cheers!

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Maybe Yonex AT900T ?

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The Spira 21 or 22 might fit the bill. None of the BS series are stiffer, so if you want to stick to Victor you'd have to look at the Spiras or as an outside chance the SW35 (which doesn't swing as fast as the BS).

4. radicalrev

I think my SW36 is rated medium stiff, wheras the BS10 is rated stiff.

Would the BS10 (rated stiff) or BS10 (rated medium stiff) be a good alternative? I would imagine, BS11 has similar playing style as SW36 but swings faster having the slimmer shaft?

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    ARC10 might be a good choice as well

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah, that's right.

I don't find the BS10 or 11 particularly stiff, but they are faster around the court than the SW35 that I have, making them a more versatile racket for me.

I think the BS11 is comparable stiffness-wise to the SW36, but again, a bit speedier around the court and maybe more versatile because of that.

I just think the Brave Swords are one of the best all-rounder rackets out there. Everyone should give them at least a game to give them a try - especially if you want one racket to do it all well.

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    sw36 is not the best yet until u try bs11.
    bs11 rated mid stiff and its sword head will surprise u even u claimed that slimmer shaft or head gain better aerodynamics for its better control

8. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    BS 11 3U is head heavier with the same stiffness. It is therefore a bit less stiff compared to SW36 and more whippier (if there is such a word). If you want something stiffer and faster, go for BS10 and you won be disappointed but go for the 3U as it is similar head heavy to SW36 but stiffer and faster.

9. radicalrev

so i got the BS11 last week, and honestly wasn't impressed. I can feel that the swing speed of the racket is much faster but power wise SW36 is still much more powerful.

The BS11 has a very slight vibration as well on smashes...maybe because of the string? Strung with Zymax 67, while my SW36 is with BG85, both same tension.

Thinking of switching to BS10 but worried it is pretty much similar to the BS11.... :(

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The BS10 has similar feeling to the BS11. I have the BS10 and I just can't generate good power from it compared to the SW35. There seems to be vibration and also the BS10 doesn't have that solid feel you get from the SW35, it feels metallic and hollow.

11. radicalrev

Seems like BS10 isn't a good choice for me. Any other recommendations? Any thoughts on Panda Power Trinity 2 or the new Panda Precision?

12. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I think it can be due to the frame shape. Generally racket with box frame and stiffer provide better feel than racket with aeroframe and less stiff shaft. However, i believe unless u play at a very high level where racket does not make much difference to your game. Then maybe feel is what you are looking for. If not, balance and stiffness is more important as it enables you to hit faster and better.

13. radicalrev

^ Maybe BS11 aeroframe has to do with it, but I just felt slight vibration when smashing the shuttle, which I do not used to feel on my SW36 which are thought to have similar stiffness as the BS11.

Just for reference, I do like moderate to stiff rackets but not too stiff like the old AT700 old color I have. Prefer something powerful or even more powerful than the SW36 but quicker in terms of maneuverability.

14. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    You should have plunge for BS 10 if you want something quicker and more powerful. But as you know stiffer racket is more powerful, you have to go up the stiffness scale. Sacrifice abit of feel but more powerful. Do get the 3U BS10 if u can. I tried the 4U before. It is head lighter and hard to generate any power from it. 3U slight head heavier hence more ideal

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    have u played with zymax67 before? i would suggest you re-string your bs11 with your usual string and tension and have another tryout rather than splunging more money on another racquet

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The 'vibration' is probably the shaft rebounding. I find the BS's to give good tactile feedback from the stringbed, but you also feel that the frame is actually contributing to the shot, whereas my SW35 (although I haven't spent much time on it) just feels like the frame is there to hold the strings!

I think if you like the SW range, then the BS range probably isn't going to appeal to you that much. The BSes aren't just a faster SW.