Hi-Tec Badminton/Squash shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Yoppy, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hi,

Been searching for a new pair of shoes lately and I came across with Hi-Tec shoes for the first time. From youtube video, this shoes has been endorsed by top British badminton players. Just want to know if BCers have use or have any knowledge about this shoes before and can share the experience???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5462385578823903469#

And also, in regards to the sizing issue in comparison to Yonex size, are they the same?

Thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...344&var=540000034995&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Attached Files:

2. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Hi-Tec have been around forever in the UK and have been one of the biggest companies for indoor court shoes. They are very popular with squash and badminton players, but also lots of other indoor sports. In the 70s and 80s, they were everywhere.

Their shoes are pretty well designed and made, they are mostly lower end shoes, so about £30-40, not £60-70 like the top Yonex shoes. But they are very comfortable and last longer than Yonex. Some of their more famous shoes like the Adrenalin Pro are brilliant, very light and very comfortable. Their most famous shoe is an old design from the 1970s called the Hi-Tec Squash, it's really been around forever. They must have sold so many millions of these and it's still one of the most popular today, as they only cost about £18.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

wow, did not know that before. I have to say this particular shoes looks very nice to me, you are right its well designed. Do you personally use this shoes?