yonex cab 21 special or cab 8600 ti or ns 100

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ananthu, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys. This community has been of great help for my game. I have been playing for 3 years and I am at an intermediate skill level. So far i have been using a cab 8010 lt ace but now i think that i have out grown my racket and that i should get a new one. I am mainly an offenceive player but i have a weak wrist and thus prefer a balanced or head light racket.
    I managed to do some research and found that the best rackets availabe for my budget are the cab 21 special,cab 8600 ti and the ns 100. I am from kerala so can't find any other good rackets in this price.Which one do you think would be better for me. Thanks in advance!

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you have a weak wrist and prefer something not so head heavy then i wouldn't recommend the cab 21 because it's head heavy, i do believe it's a 2u as well, but correct me if i'm wrong. the 8600ti is a great racket, i have used it and it's a great balanced racket, but in the end you really gotta try them out because rackets, imho, is a personal preference. what plays well for me might not be good for you even if you have stated in absolute detail what you want and how you play. i have played with the ns100 for a short time, which is just a few games and it feels really similar to the cab 8600ti, at least to me. it is also balanced and not head heavy so you might like it as well.

3. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student
    thanks a lot but i got the cab 21 before you replied to my post. The people at the store said that the 8600 ti would break soon and the ns 100 was flexible which would throw off my timing. I played with the factory strings and it felt ok so i guess my wrist is not as weak as i think it is. Now waiting for the new string. Thanks any ways and can you please tell me the maximum tension for this racket .

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I believe Yonex's posted high tension for this racquet is 23 or 24 lb. But many people string much higher.

If you have even a slightly weak wrist and you've bought this head-heavy racquet, why do you wish to make things even harder by going for maximum tension? It will rob you of power. Oh well, better to try and see. Good luck! :)

(P.S. I just strung a Cab 21sp for a friend last night at 23 lb. He hits wonderful smashes at that tension.)

5. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student

i want to string this racket cause i am used to play at 20 lbs and this racket came with too low a tension. As for 24 lbs its probably too high for me so i will try 22 lbs and if its too high it will be down after a few matchs any ways. I say my wrist is very weak cause i am double jointed and so my joints are not the strongest. And i thing i was being too harsh on my self calling my wrist week cause i can easely play with this racket but the string is too loose. Thanks non the less for sharing your view.Also i am going to add over grip which is going to affect the balance

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    from my personal experience i've never gotten an 8600ti broken, but then again i don't string it that high of a tension because it's oval head shape, only 21lbs. but like i said before it's personal preference, and the cab21 is a great racket, so enjoy the smashing!!! :)

7. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student
    Thank you. Could you please give of a brief explanation of the cab 8600ti . Its for my friend.

8. ananthu

ananthu Regular Member

Student
    Got the racket strung with nbg 95 at 22 lbs and it plays great.It is much better at the net than my previous racket despite being heavier, could be due to the higher tension than what i am used to.The smashs are also better.What do you think i should string at next time cause play with nylon shuttle and i have heard that they need lower tension.