[Newbie]Looking for a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Alpha-Sphere, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Alpha-Sphere

Alpha-Sphere New Member

Hiya all,

Last tuesday was my first time playing badminton and I liked it a lot.
    Now I want to buy my own gear including a racket of course. The problem is that I just don't know what to get.
    Seeing as I'm just a beginner I don't want to go all out just yet. I was thinking about €50ish for the racket. Yonex seems to be the big dog so I'll just stick to that. But what's next?
    Stiff, medium and flexible? I don't know what I like or need.

Any advice?

2. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

for beginner flexible rackets are easier on the arm, actually for beginner don't go with yonex, go off brand, you get more racket for your money...

something balance/light head and flex shaft is ideal. string at 24-25 pounds bg 65 and you're good to go.

3. Alpha-Sphere

Alpha-Sphere New Member

Just went and had a look at two local sporting stores and all they have are Yonex and Carlton. All of them are around my price range and cheaper. The only off brand rackets they had where the really cheap recreation ones.
    The Carlton's flexible ones where almost €100,- but Yonex does have the Nanospeed 100 and 200 that's in my price range.

I've also looked around and found some webshops that offer brands like Babolat, Head and Victor. Are any of those a better bang for buck compared to say a nanospeed 200?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. Alpha-Sphere

Alpha-Sphere New Member

Thanks for the link demolidor! :)
    Didn't know there was a store in zoetermeer.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yeah i thought that would be convenient so had a look there first to see what's in their bargain bin this time. Well I checked around for some cheap Forza racquets first but then saw this one in their sale section. I think it would be a good choice and you can pick it up to save €7 on shipping I guess.
    Avoid the Perry Sports, etc. ... way too overpriced.

#6 demolidor, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010