Ashaway Rally 22

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Yodums, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Does anyone have experience with this string? I have to get my racquet restrung and just figured I asked since I'm going to get these strings - The BG66's break way too fast. I couldn't imagine how fast it'd break for such a hard hitter. Anyways, this string seems to have one hell of a kick to it and I felt Ashaway Rally strings before but not sure whether it was the 22's but pretty sure it was.

I've also read LazyBuddy's friend had these strings for 4 months and they have yet to break. Also, other than performance is there something I should know like durability - Does it lose tension like the Ti series or what?

Yodums

2. ntpm

ntpm Regular Member

Database Administrator
    I have them on my Ti10 3U strung at 22x20 lbs.

I think they play similar to the BG70Pro. These keep tension relatively similar to the BG70Pro as well. These strings are definately better than the BG65's. I have not tried BG65 Ti yet. But these strings are not as good as the BG80.

I am not sure whether these are better or worse than the BG70Pro though. I recommend the Rally 22 when you cannot get BG70Pro strings at a reasonable price.

I've had the Rally 22's on my Ti10 for one year before restringing again with the Rally 22 string. Near the end of the first set of strings life, I'm guessing my racket was between 16-18 lbs....but I'm no pro, so I don't really know what the tension was.

I am only a recreational player. I play badminton for a couple hours 2-3 times a week, for about 8 months of the year. I hope that gives you a bit of idea of how they are.

3. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Cool. I just seem to like the feeling of a smash with thicker strings at a high tension than thinner for some reason but I like clearing with thinner since you get to really feel that kick.

Thanks for the info but I have a feeling I'm going to like these strings.

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I have been stringing with the Rally 22 for about a couple years now. The string is comparable to the BG65. It has a smoother shell, so touch is less noticeable. It will easily take 26 pounds tension. Durablity is good, depending on your play style.

One point to consider - There are two main colours you can select in spools - blue and grey. Although they should be identical except for coloring, I have noticed that the blue strings tend to be more prone to snapping.

In the past four months, I have had around 5 incidences from 5 different players of snapped blue strings while none compared to the grey strung. I am even thinking the blue string may be more temperature sensitive or leaving in cold environment weakens this string.

Personally I prefer the blue, although I have never snapped the blues myself.

5. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    my friend asked a similar question about the dye effecting the string, but so far on this forum there hasn't been any answers, until this one... hehe... so i guess dye does effct the life of strings ei~~

Persoanlly, I use any color that isn't white or yellow, but mainly stick to blue or bluish strings :D

6. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

My coach doesn't seem to have 22 on him only 21 so I went back to the BG65's in black which match my racquet. Now, I've been told the black BG65s are thinner than the regular 65's?

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought I said "Ashway Rally 21". He has this string on his Victor Dominator Ti for about half a year, before the racket frame snapped recently.

If I said "22" before, sorry for the confusion.

8. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Re: Re: Ashaway Rally 22

Ah, no problemo. Just plain Rally 21 or 21 Micro? The 21 are 0.75mm whereas the Micro are 0.70mm which may explain why the 21's would last so long.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re: Re: Re: Ashaway Rally 22

I believe it's 21, and it's the default string comes with the racket. I think the tension is around 19-20 lb.