Help me to identify fake Victor racket

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by radicalrev, Aug 28, 2010.

1. radicalrev

radicalrev Regular Member

I just bought a Victor BS11 from a reputable shop in Indonesia, kedaiangkasa.com.

When I got home to compare with my SW36, the butt cap is different, both butt caps are blue but on the BS11, there is a TAIWAN lettering under the victor symbol.

Furthermore, my SW36 have serial number starting with the country code ID then serial number G6883145.

On the BS11, there isn't a country code and the serial number is 6084600, it doesn't even start with an alphabet. The serial number is engraved on the BS11 but the font is definitely smaller than my SW36.

So was wondering if this is fake? or is this normal for taiwan coded Victor rackets.

2. radicalrev

Possible fake Victor Racket directly from Victor Indonesia?

I just bought a Victor BS11 from a reputable shop in Indonesia, superb positive reviews all over the local forums and has been around for something

When I got home to compare with my SW36, the butt cap is different, both butt caps are blue but on the BS11, there is a TAIWAN lettering under the victor symbol.

Furthermore, my SW36 have serial number starting with the country code ID then serial number G6883145.

On the BS11, there isn't a country code and the serial number is 6084600, it doesn't even start with an alphabet. The serial number is engraved on the BS11 but the font is definitely smaller than my SW36.

So was wondering if this is fake?

I called the shop and they say that they get the stock straight directly from Victor Indonesia, and also told me that all BS11 from Indonesia is all like this. The shop even asked me to check directly to Victor Indonesia if I still have any doubt.

Is there any slight chance Victor Indonesia be screwing all their distributors by providing fake rackets (if this is determined to be fake)??

3. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Victor Indonesia never screwing their distributor. Actually all products came from Victor Indonesia have been checked for QC. For the shaft ID, just cross checked with Victor Indonesia maybe they will explain to you more detail. Maybe you can upload picture, so can someone from Victor Taiwan check about this problem.

#3 BengGuan, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  4. radicalrev

Just to clarify with fellow members, the purpose of this thread isn't to bash Victor Indonesia or give any sort of negative remarks but just trying to get a few thoughts as I am curious.

Anyhow, here is a quick pic I took of the engraved code on the shaft...
    img00061201008282221.jpg

5. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    kedaiangkasa as far as I am concerned, is a reputable shop according to my friend of Jakarta. As for the end cap, there are a few variants in the market. My BS11 has the same blue end cap with the Taiwan lettering on it.

As for the code and font, it was done by the respective local distributors when they receive the stocks hence the difference in size. The codes are meant for keeping track of distributing of rackets to the local agents and for warranty claims (if there is any) at later stage.

So your racket should be alright.

6. radicalrev

I have absolute no doubt on kedai angkasa, the shop is as legit as my grandmother, but I just have a slight doubt on the supplier/distributor which you say the codes was engraved.

But anyway this thread is a double post...mods please remove or merge. :)

#6 radicalrev, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  7. Victor Ina

Victor Ina New Member

PR
    Dear radicalrev,

Greetings from Victor Indonesia!

We have checked your Brave Sword 11 ID, it is our product. For further information regarding our products, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank You.

8. Victor Ina

Victor Ina New Member

PR
    Hello, we are Victor Indonesia. We're sorry for the distress about your racket. We wrote this to you once again to clarify that our VICTOR racket ID number, with or without English font, are used for controlling our own product, we confirm that your racket is our product. VICTOR will consider taking further step for security marking system and shipment management. We do thank you for your kind attention.

PT. VICTOR INDONESIA
    MR. ZHANG
    General Manager

9. ahian8

ahian8 New Member

Hi Victor Ina,

Would you please check if the following racket are genuine?
    Victor Brave Sword 11 ID L6207790
    Victor Brave Sword 12 ID F8176389

10. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    well, im just curious... is it true that victor racket that started with C or TW coded are easy to be imitated? my friend told me about this but im not so sure about it.. i told my cousin about this coz he recently bought bs12 with TW coded and he's surprised to hear it from me... how can we differentiate fake and original victor racket through serial number? well, can anyone help him to verify his racket? here's my cousin's serial number for his BS12 (TW R7683125 - he asked for my help to ask our forumers)... tq

11. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    hi, does anyone knows how to contact victor distributor in malaysia through email? my cousin would like to email them to get verification on his racket but we dont have any info on how to contact them through email... any help is really appreciated :) thanx

12. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    how bout the fake rackets but using the genuine code? if one buys from the authorized seller, then it should be no prob. anything can happen.

13. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i think there is also a possibility for this to happen too amir... :) and for sure it will make it difficult to be verified... my cousin still insist to check his racket and i guess he will at least try to contact the distributor to seek some help ...

14. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    TheSmasherKing, I did contact the victor taiwan fella (since my racket is tw code) by sending them pictures of racket and providing the code, but they said they cannot do anything since there is probability the fake racket using the genuine code. They said if one buy from the authorized dealer, so it will be no prob. anyway, all the best for your cousin! hopefully they can help him.

15. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    thanks a lot for the info amir :) ... well, my cousin have sent an email to far east just now but unfortunately, the email of far east doesnt exist anymore... therefore the email failed to be sent... from what he told me, he bought the racket not from authorized dealer, it's just an ordinary badminton shop selling various brand of racket... btw, did u contact victor taiwan via email ? can we have the email amir? many thanks again :)

16. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    yes TheSmasherKing, i did contact the fella via email. sure, u can have the email. I'll pm to you now.

17. paulconorey

paulconorey New Member

market analyst
    I too agree with kedai angkasa

18. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    Dear amirx2, can you share the distributor of Victor Taiwan email with us??
    many thanks from us....

19. Ivan Liong

Ivan Liong Regular Member

Student
    I am using BS 11 now~which is in code start with TW~and the boss telling me that is a fake racket and selling me in price RM180 with string, grid and small bag for racket. After i use it, the paint is easily scratch. So, if u guys want to compare original and fake, the hitting sound is different and paint is easily scratch.

20. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    woah .... there is a fake victor racket sold in malaysia ?!... i only thought there were fake yonex. sigh, i guess fake things are common in out country lol. Now i think i should just get from the official dealer ... pay abit extra but safer ;)