Carlton Air Rage Aurora

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by incendium, Aug 28, 2010.

1. incendium

incendium New Member

Has anyone heard of this racket? I bought it today purely because I liked the feel and weight of the racket and because it was in my price range, but on further research via google I can find nothing about it whatsoever. It says on the shaft "Air Rage Aurora" but on the Carlton website there is no mention of one called an "Aurora" nor on the website of the shop I bought it from (Sports Direct, UK). On further reading of the stats of all the other Carlton Air Rage rackets, the stats (length, weight, balance, strings, material etc etc.) match the Air Rage ST, so could this be an ST under a different name? If its any help, I paid £39.99 for it.

It doesn't matter much to me I guess, I like the feel of the racket and thats what is important, but I'm curious now.

:cool:

2. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    maybe that is for local market only, or got different name at different places.

3. incendium

incendium New Member

I know some rackets have different names in Asia etc but I don't see why a UK high street store would be selling them. It's very strange. Would a picture help anyone?

4. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    At that price I doubt it's an Air Rage ST in disguise (it's unlikely to be available £30 cheaper in a highstreet store than online).
    Actually, a few new Carlton rackets have been popping up recently, which aren't listed on their website:
    * "Vapour Trail Vanquish" (mid-range - 84g/Medium/Even Balance)
    * "Vapour Trail Xcel" (one for the ladies - 82g/Flexible/Head-light)
    * "Air Rage Ignite" (mid-range - 85g/Medium/Head-light)