User Tag List

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 431
  1. #222
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    looking back at the video after taufik complained

    the umpire did say something to chen jin

    possibly a warning

    well, if that happens again

    i think the umpire could give a yellow card in the worse case scenario.

    it's stated in bwf rules no tampering of shuttlecock
    Again "possibly a warning". How do you know? If you don't know, then you can't interpret it any way you like to.

  2. #223
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Look bro, this type of thread is really damaging without control. I felt that in this situation both CJ and TH have been unrightfully being discredited. I think we should be looking at it from an objective rather than subjective point.

    Then i can agree with you to agree to disagree
    i was referring to everybody including me, not particularly you

    and yes objectively.

    there are some post i don't want to comment or answer as i think my opinion

    differ from him like a mile or 2. lol

  3. #224
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    This is a forum, a question to Jug8man can be seen and affecting the whole thing. He can pm him if asking only and directly to him.
    You asked what my original question was supposed to mean. I am just telling you what I mean here. I want to know whether his reaction will change if the situation is reversed. That's all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Yes this thread has nothing to do with TH. You tell me, why since TH complained on the court he has something to do here? Someone has started this thread, not TH.
    So does this thread have anything to do with CJ, who apparently did not start this thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    OK then i shoud rephrase it, "MODIFIED" is this better?
    hehe, technically, every time somebody touches a shuttle, the shuttle is modified.

  4. #225
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Ok, some homework.

    Do what some players appear to be doing:

    1) Grasp the shuttle in your left hand palm,encircle the feathers with your fingers.
    2) Use the index or lower fingers and squeeze the stems inwards to weaken them.
    3) Alternatively hold the shuttle in your left hand and use your racquet hand to smoothen the feathers, then instead of
    smoothening the feathers,use the thumb and index and bend the stem outwards where it meets the feathers.
    4) I think weakening the stems have an effect of softening the shuttle and making it slower as it becomes unstable and
    less resilient because of weak stem/base, and it cannot be detected!
    Of course you need weight training to strengthen your left hand fingers to be able to press so hard undetected,

    Try it out and see if there is any noticeable effect.
    If it is true, there is no need for further discussion, we may owe some veterans an apology and its time for BWF
    to remind players not to tamper with the shuttle,even smoothening out the feathers. Now why did they remove that
    rule.
    I won't say its cheating just an unfair advantage like the S service. Also pity the poor geese, what with every player crushing the shuttle everytime they think it is too fast.
    Please do prove that your instructions are valid:
    1. the shape, or weight, or weight distribution of the shuttle are changed, and this alteration is un-detectable to naked eyes. A video that shows two shuttles, one with alteration, one without, would help a great deal
    2. the altered shuttle will benefit ChenJin, not Taufik
    3. how ChenJin do it when he serves, or a video clip that he was doing it

    Thanks

  5. #226
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    i was referring to everybody including me, not particularly you

    and yes objectively.

    there are some post i don't want to comment or answer as i think my opinion

    differ from him like a mile or 2. lol
    Oh yes Im 100% understood what you meant. I was just saying its a bit hard to agree to disagree when the objective is not met by some poster here (not you).

  6. #227
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deca2000 View Post
    You asked what my original question was supposed to mean. I am just telling you what I mean here. I want to know whether his reaction will change if the situation is reversed. That's all.
    Then my respond was to prevent damage done

    Quote Originally Posted by deca2000 View Post
    So does this thread have anything to do with CJ, who apparently did not start this thread?
    Yes because the thread started asked was CJ cheated?



    Quote Originally Posted by deca2000 View Post
    hehe, technically, every time somebody touches a shuttle, the shuttle is modified.
    Then you should admit that CJ modified the shuttle

  7. #228
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TH complained about the shuttlecocks too in last year's WC against CJ. I don't think TH is doing this to play mind games with CJ, because his complaint seemed too specific to be made up. He could have complained to the umpire for many different reasons, but him choosing this specific reason twice in a row seems odd. He didn't use this tactic against other players in the tournament either, so it doesn't seem likely that he was faking the complaint. It seems that TH truly believed that CJ did something to the shuttlecocks. Whether what he believed was true or not is hard to say, but it is apparent that TH was convinced that CJ was up to something. As mentioned earlier, TH often relies on his netplay to set up for his smashes. In his match against LCW and PSH, his netplay was very consistent. If there was some slight change in the shuttlecock, I would not be surprised if only a few of the top players (with very good touches) are able to detect it. In CJ's path to the finals, I think only TH and PG would be able to detect a problem with the shuttlecock. PG's netplay is also quite good, so if there were inconsistencies, he would be able to detect it. At 2:50 in this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GO-22ARNk PG also said that the shuttlecock was "going VERY VERY SLOW" during the match against CJ, BUT he made no accusations. This means in both of CJ's matches against the top players, the shuttlecock was flying suspiciously slower than normal. *IF* CJ were to manipulate the shuttlecock, it would be wise of him to only do it to the tougher opponents, so that his chances of getting caught would be lessened. Still, there is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion, but it does seem a bit suspicious.

  8. #229
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Ok, some homework.

    Do what some players appear to be doing:







    1) Grasp the shuttle in your left hand palm,encircle the feathers with your fingers.
    2) Use the index or lower fingers and squeeze the stems inwards to weaken them.
    3) Alternatively hold the shuttle in your left hand and use your racquet hand to smoothen the feathers, then instead of
    smoothening the feathers,use the thumb and index and bend the stem outwards where it meets the feathers.
    4) I think weakening the stems have an effect of softening the shuttle and making it slower as it becomes unstable and
    less resilient because of weak stem/base, and it cannot be detected!
    Of course you need weight training to strengthen your left hand fingers to be able to press so hard undetected,

    Try it out and see if there is any noticeable effect.
    If it is true, there is no need for further discussion, we may owe some veterans an apology and its time for BWF
    to remind players not to tamper with the shuttle,even smoothening out the feathers. Now why did they remove that
    rule.
    I won't say its cheating just an unfair advantage like the S service. Also pity the poor geese, what with every player crushing the shuttle everytime they think it is too fast.


    Before you all jump on me I am not saying CJ did the above ie. weaken the stems and softened it,

    He may APPEAR to do it to CONFUSE and annoy the sensitive Taufik, and you get really sensitive when you are may points down and not sure how the shuttle is going to behave, just as in Table Tennis.China coaches know Taufik very well.
    Even if you didn't manipulate the shuttle, the act of appearing to do so is already a psychological advantage.

  9. #230
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HicHic View Post
    TH complained about the shuttlecocks too in last year's WC against CJ. I don't think TH is doing this to play mind games with CJ, because his complaint seemed too specific to be made up. He could have complained to the umpire for many different reasons, but him choosing this specific reason twice in a row seems odd. He didn't use this tactic against other players in the tournament either, so it doesn't seem likely that he was faking the complaint. It seems that TH truly believed that CJ did something to the shuttlecocks. Whether what he believed was true or not is hard to say, but it is apparent that TH was convinced that CJ was up to something. As mentioned earlier, TH often relies on his netplay to set up for his smashes. In his match against LCW and PSH, his netplay was very consistent. If there was some slight change in the shuttlecock, I would not be surprised if only a few of the top players (with very good touches) are able to detect it. In CJ's path to the finals, I think only TH and PG would be able to detect a problem with the shuttlecock. PG's netplay is also quite good, so if there were inconsistencies, he would be able to detect it. At 2:50 in this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GO-22ARNk PG also said that the shuttlecock was "going VERY VERY SLOW" during the match against CJ, BUT he made no accusations. This means in both of CJ's matches against the top players, the shuttlecock was flying suspiciously slower than normal. *IF* CJ were to manipulate the shuttlecock, it would be wise of him to only do it to the tougher opponents, so that his chances of getting caught would be lessened. Still, there is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion, but it does seem a bit suspicious.
    you remember immediately after taufik's complaint to the umpire (which nothing happened)

    he purposely let chen jin serve without receiving it and handed the shuttle to the umpire?

  10. #231
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    www
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What i'm reading here in this thread is a smorgasbord allegations of cheat by chen jin of tampering shuttlecock;making it too slow; making it too fast; making it unbalance; and making it heavy (with sweat). A poster said he saw it, another poster said he heard it from a commentator, plus instruction on how to manipulate a shuttle have been described but yet, the key man, taufik himself can not prove it while all his fans are certain of it. You can guess who are the fools here.

    If Taufik is so certain of shuttle tampering by chen jin, why doesn't he immediately show the damaged good to the umpire?? Instead, he showed the umpire a supposed tampered shutter that the umpire can't distinguish from a new one? The line judge can't tell the difference either. Why taufik is so silly of showing a good shuttle to the umpire and not damaged one?

    If I give you doubters the benefit of doubt that the shuttle damage is too minor and indistinguishable but still affect shuttle speed and/or flight, why didn't taufik demand a shuttle speed test? Surely, a tampered shuttle would flies at wrong speed and/or wobble which is visible for all to judge. Instead, the umpire gave back both shuttles to Taufik, like, take your pick Mr. Complainer. Why didn't Taufik didn't press the matter further? Because deep down Taufik knows he'll be a laughing stalk and would get a yellow card from the umpire.

  11. #232
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HicHic View Post
    TH complained about the shuttlecocks too in last year's WC against CJ. I don't think TH is doing this to play mind games with CJ, because his complaint seemed too specific to be made up. He could have complained to the umpire for many different reasons, but him choosing this specific reason twice in a row seems odd. He didn't use this tactic against other players in the tournament either, so it doesn't seem likely that he was faking the complaint. It seems that TH truly believed that CJ did something to the shuttlecocks. Whether what he believed was true or not is hard to say, but it is apparent that TH was convinced that CJ was up to something. As mentioned earlier, TH often relies on his netplay to set up for his smashes. In his match against LCW and PSH, his netplay was very consistent. If there was some slight change in the shuttlecock, I would not be surprised if only a few of the top players (with very good touches) are able to detect it. In CJ's path to the finals, I think only TH and PG would be able to detect a problem with the shuttlecock. PG's netplay is also quite good, so if there were inconsistencies, he would be able to detect it. At 2:50 in this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GO-22ARNk PG also said that the shuttlecock was "going VERY VERY SLOW" during the match against CJ, BUT he made no accusations. This means in both of CJ's matches against the top players, the shuttlecock was flying suspiciously slower than normal. *IF* CJ were to manipulate the shuttlecock, it would be wise of him to only do it to the tougher opponents, so that his chances of getting caught would be lessened. Still, there is not enough evidence to come to a conclusion, but it does seem a bit suspicious.
    I guess Taufik may believe it. But have he explained why and how ChenJin does that at any occasions? No other players ever had complained about ChenJin on the same issue on the court.

    Thanks for providing the video clip. Peter Gade's whole sentence seems to be the following: "If I could continue what I did during the first game, then I could win. But he did his best to control the game afterwards, and played very fast. And the shuttles were very very slow, so it was difficult for me to make fewer mistakes. I tried the best I could, but he is stronger than me in the last two games".

  12. #233
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    Please do prove that your instructions are valid:
    1. the shape, or weight, or weight distribution of the shuttle are changed, and this alteration is un-detectable to naked eyes. A video that shows two shuttles, one with alteration, one without, would help a great deal
    2. the altered shuttle will benefit ChenJin, not Taufik
    3. how ChenJin do it when he serves, or a video clip that he was doing it

    Thanks
    I replied via post 230.

    Try it out with a new tournament shuttle and satisfy yourself.

    I am not biased, just trying to learn a new trick or verify a scientific fact based on aerodynamics.

    CJ won the match fair and square, badminton is all about deception and not falling into the opponent"s trap.Even if there was abuse, BWF should be well aware of it.It is no different with serving above the waist, double action, or serving when your opponent is not ready.
    Videos will be posted eventually, but just reminder,it is one thing to crush a shuttle and another to appear to do so especially when you are playing irritable opponents, then you are just a good actor
    without actually breaking any rules. Videos will prove that CJ does it only against Taufik not for eg. against Gade (that's what I noticed and remenmered.)

  13. #234
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isometric_kid View Post
    What i'm reading here in this thread is a smorgasbord allegations of cheat by chen jin of tampering shuttlecock;making it too slow; making it too fast; making it unbalance; and making it heavy (with sweat). A poster said he saw it, another poster said he heard it from a commentator, plus instruction on how to manipulate a shuttle have been described but yet, the key man, taufik himself can not prove it while all his fans are certain of it. You can guess who are the fools here.

    If Taufik is so certain of shuttle tampering by chen jin, why doesn't he immediately show the damaged good to the umpire?? Instead, he showed the umpire a supposed tampered shutter that the umpire can't distinguish from a new one? The line judge can't tell the difference either. Why taufik is so silly of showing a good shuttle to the umpire and not damaged one?

    If I give you doubters the benefit of doubt that the shuttle damage is too minor and indistinguishable but still affect shuttle speed and/or flight, why didn't taufik demand a shuttle speed test? Surely, a tampered shuttle would flies at wrong speed and/or wobble which is visible for all to judge. Instead, the umpire gave back both shuttles to Taufik, like, take your pick Mr. Complainer. Why didn't Taufik didn't press the matter further? Because deep down Taufik knows he'll be a laughing stalk and would get a yellow card from the umpire.
    He suspected that CJ did something to the shuttlecock, but he was not too sure himself. For that reason, he may have lacked confidence to pursue the matter further. The change in shuttlecock's flight may also have been too minute to be detected in a speed test. It seems TH suspected something, but he wasn't too sure that his accusations were true. Even in 09 WC, he said to the umpire that the shuttlecock "is normally not like this." His vague wording shows that he is not too sure of himself. If he was sure, then he could have pointed out the exact problem with the shuttlecock (eg: too slow, fast, wobbly, etc).

  14. #235
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moderator : Please don't close this thread. We need to know the real truth. Hopefully someone will post some video evidence to clear Chen Jin's honourable name in Badcentral and back the Jia You's supporter's claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by hador7 View Post
    The only person cheating here was Taufik. He did so to rest since it's obvious that his physical conditioning is not on par with Chen Jin's. In addition, this tactic was also used to break Chen Jin's concentration. That is the definition of cheating.

    And it's sad because it tainted Chen Jin's victory. Taufik has no sense of honour whatsoever. And people are so wowed by his past accomplishments that they give him the benefit of the doubt whenever he goes into his little fits as he did in this final.

    I bet you if the roles were reversed, and it was Chen Jin criticizing Taufik for manipulating the shuttle, the thread would still be titled "Did Chen Jin cheat." It's sad that there is so much disdain against the Chinese players that people would do and say anything to taint their success.
    You are obviously not a fan of Taufik.
    In red font : Can you claim that Chinese players are clean throughout.

    As for the umpire's decision, is there a "match report" after the game. Looking at the situation on the court at that moment, I don't think the umpire dare to make any decision that will upset any party, or was he powerless to do so and I don't think BWF can afford to offend the big boy (singular). This is only my opinion.

  15. #236
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    www
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayer View Post
    If you cannot beat the opponent on the court. You try to destroy him outside the court. That is what happening.
    It's a common dirty tactic used in politic. To take down a winning candidate, his opponent would throw all kind of poop allegation at him and hopefully some will stick. Taufik is a dirty player, you expects his diehard fans any less?

  16. #237
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    US
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Moderator : Please don't close this thread. We need to know the real truth. Hopefully someone will post some video evidence to clear Chen Jin's honourable name in Badcentral and back the Jia You's supporter's claim.



    You are obviously not a fan of Taufik.
    In red font : Can you claim that Chinese players are clean throughout.

    As for the umpire's decision, is there a "match report" after the game. Looking at the situation on the court at that moment, I don't think the umpire dare to make any decision that will upset any party, or was he powerless to do so and I don't think BWF can afford to offend the big boy (singular). This is only my opinion.
    Conspiracy, sweet conspiracy. Just your imaginations, no proofs. People are innocent unless proven guilty. You don't need to prove someone is "clean". He is clean. If you want to say that he is "dirty", give proofs.

  17. #238
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    Conspiracy, sweet conspiracy. Just your imaginations, no proofs. People are innocent unless proven guilty. You don't need to prove someone is "clean". He is clean. If you want to say that he is "dirty", give proofs.
    You are obviously new to this forum and I didn't refer to your post count when making this statement.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Bao chun lai cheating?? Chen Hong got red handed cheating!!!
    By eagle in forum Asian Games 2006 - Badminton
    Replies: 81
    : 09-06-2010, 01:00 AM
  2. Was Taufik cheating?
    By ThePlayer in forum World Championships 2010
    Replies: 13
    : 08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. cheating...using the NSS
    By wing-omega5-0 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 16
    : 10-19-2006, 03:59 AM
  4. Sosa caught cheating?
    By Yodums in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 7
    : 06-05-2003, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •