Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Ji is now new Lin Dan?!
    Don't talk sxxt la...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, CJ did manipulate the shuttle. It happens at all levels of play, from my amateur one to the highest. By 'tipping' the shuttle, it biases the match in favour of the retriever.

I hate it when it happens to me. (Don't think its 'illegal' though, quite often a player will insist on tipping a shuttle before the game and i'll fume, because i'm a power player, not a retriever like CJ) maybe a bit 'unethical' tho. I don't allow it if they're my shuttles tho :P shuttles cost good money!

And it does make a difference. I have a friend who keeps bringing slow shuttles back from china. (I guess they play different in a hot moist climate than the freezing conditions of England!) He rallys me to death, I lose 22-20 22-20, but then I get my Yehlex tournaments out the next time and show him some pain 21-7, 21-14.

Chen Jin was the better player on the day. -- Interestingly, I know the All-England hall in Birmingham plays slow and the Yonex shuttles are intrinsically slow. And Taufik's not won there yet....!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A judge is here! LOL

BWF should get testimony from makkem and give taufik the gold medal lmao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    yes no mention about that incident... but the news title translation is "Taufik relax, Chen Jin arrogant" maybe coz CJ statement I am not a new Lin Dan. Lin Dan is Lin Dan and Chen Jin is Chen Jin,
    even INA media hate CJ
    off topic:
    ..i'm still trying to figure out how that statement would make CJ sound "arrogant"??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ didnot need to cheating to win. He had better record against TH. He win easily again TH today.

Meanwhile TH play lots of errors since the first set. He didnot play as good as when he win against LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ definitively didnt tip the shuttles as it would've been way to obvious and the difference you can get is minor from any other methods. For once CJ also played a very aggressive game using more smashes than he normally does (taufik's def isnt the best). With the high amount of smash winners and the high amount of defensive bh lifts that taufik sent out... i doubt it benefited CJ only if that was the case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    i'm not so sure about what exactly happened...but sort of Chen Jin broke the stutle to slow it down like commentators said...od did it happened out of intention?but Chen Jin was also solid today...
    what do u guys think?
    The thread title should had read 'Was Taufik Hidayat cheating?' It is a well known trademark of Taufik to delay game, break opponent's rhythm although no chinese fans wrote a big post or create a thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    one fact i've observed is the smash speed of TH is just about 250kmh..not like normal speed like 280++kmh....i think it's slow for TH's standard...
    It is also a fact that FHF was only smashing 280-300 kmh in the final, far less than his game record smash speed of 324 kmh (or higher). What on earth? Did the Malaysian pair KKK and TBH manipulated the shuttlecock too? OMG

BTW, Taufik's strength is the drop shot and cross court slicing. Having a slower shuttle would be to Taufik's ADVANTAGE.

Bottomline, this thread is just sour grape and worthless piece of allegation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    In my honest opinion from my mortal observation...

Taufiks Smashes had more 'effect' after the point of complaint. Before the complaint Chen Jin looked Godlike in his retrieving abbilities.

CJ tactic to wear out TH in the 1st set with his 'HAND OF GOD' worked to sap the energy out of TH. Even with the umpire enforcing the law after... it was too late for Taufik at that point.

I can't understand where CJ comes from having to resort to such lowness. He is not 'disadvantage' physically. Only his head to need such tactics
    Personally I doubt with all the cameras and tv and press in the WC if chen jin could manipulate the shuttles THAT much to affect the speed it would be higly visible on recordings.. So you just dig these recordings up for proof :-).. I watched the game and I really did not see any manipulation that could affect the speed of the shuttle very much.

The 'effect' of the smashes could also be explained by some added effort by Taufik after the break. The speed of the smashes from the radar was also pretty consitent slower from Taufik than from CJ.. I cannot really se how he could amnipulate the shuttle so his smashes retained the speed and only Taufiks got slower..

I think we may all be looking for some explanation why our favorite did not win.. Looking at the match is was pretty clear though to me that CJs tempo was beyondTaufiks and that his fitness and speed simply was not enough compared to CJ.

/Twobeer

P.S. They way i interpreted the discussion Tauifk and the umpire had, when I watched it live, it looked like the umpire didnt find anything wrong with the shuteel and wanted to compare with a new.. He then mixed them and asked taufik to use either of them, and Taufik did not seem to know which of the two shuttles was which, after the mix of them..
    Last edited by twobeer; 08-29-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Makkem_1 View Post
    yeah, CJ did manipulate the shuttle. It happens at all levels of play, from my amateur one to the highest. By 'tipping' the shuttle, it biases the match in favour of the retriever.

I hate it when it happens to me. (Don't think its 'illegal' though, quite often a player will insist on tipping a shuttle before the game and i'll fume, because i'm a power player, not a retriever like CJ) maybe a bit 'unethical' tho. I don't allow it if they're my shuttles tho :P shuttles cost good money!

And it does make a difference. I have a friend who keeps bringing slow shuttles back from china. (I guess they play different in a hot moist climate than the freezing conditions of England!) He rallys me to death, I lose 22-20 22-20, but then I get my Yehlex tournaments out the next time and show him some Chen pain 21-7, 21-14.

Jin was the better player on the day. -- Interestingly, I know the All-England hall in Birmingham plays slow and the Yonex shuttles are intrinsically slow. And Taufik's not won there yet....!
    Well, some may think it is unetical of you to refuse tipping if the shuttles are to fast to begin with...

And btw no brand/model of shuttles are "are intrinsically slow", they come in different speed based on what is neede to get the correct speed for the current conditions.

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Makkem_1 View Post

Tipping on shuttles in in ternational tournaments. The shuttles are tested and that speed used so the feathers are untouched. Sometimes in games you see the players delay the start then use a different speed.

That is what the lines at the rear of the court are there for. In Club/local games you don't have the luxury of getting a slower/faster speed, so you tip the shuttles either in or out to make them faster or slower.

And it is illegal if he did it in the game....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    TH must be superman to be able to smash over 280kmh everytime. even doubles player cannot do that.
    FYI great players varied their smash speed to confuse.
    Sour grapes and sore loser.
    when did i say everytime...normally he reached that speed once or two times...n said before chen jin played solid...read the whole posts before condeming others....n this is open for discussion....

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isometric_kid View Post
    It is also a fact that FHF was only smashing 280-300 kmh in the final, far less than his game record smash speed of 324 kmh (or higher). What on earth? Did the Malaysian pair KKK and TBH manipulated the shuttlecock too? OMG
    FIY that was the fastest of the tournament 303 km/h

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the footage seems like Taufik was complaining about the diameter of the shuttles. This is not the first time,it happens everytime he plays Chen Jin. I think china players know Taufik's temper really well, Xia and Bao used this tactic years ago
    and played with with his emotions to distract him.
    Why would a class player use such a cheap trick in front of the world? Tipping a shuttle would be clearly visible.
    I think it is all psychology, CJ makes a lot of motions appearing to manipulate Taufik in order to annoy and distract him and Taufik just fell for it, even the umpire and line judge laughed at Taufik' protests, I think everyone knows Taufik.
    The irony is things have not changed after years and years of experience.
    i think CJ 's victory comes in part from Xia, Xia knows how to beat Taufik and Peter Gade.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    From the footage seems like Taufik was complaining about the diameter of the shuttles. This is not the first time,it happens everytime he plays Chen Jin. I think china players know Taufik's temper really well, Xia and Bao used this tactic years ago
    and played with with his emotions to distract him.
    That's what I thought as well and somehow at the time it did look wider to me . They've only played 3 times before and how many of those were even broadcasted?
    But comparing today to Taufik's QF and SF he didn't seem to look for the lines as much, perhaps because he missed a few early on. Chen Jin is too good to play safe margins ...
    I do love XXZ is in the coaching team now . Maybe he can bring the offensive CJ back ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mymy, what speculations are going on here? Also some comments of 'no motivation' or 'bad stamina' shown by Taufik - what's wrong with the world? The simple fact is that CJ was the better one today, Taufik tried different tactics, was playing mind games - why not? it's part of the game, and a champ will end up as the winner whatever the opponent tried, where is nothing to complain.
    Just because CJ was the quicker one Taufik did not show bad stamina - there are very quick ones, somebody is slower - why not? When stamina problems appear (folks I know very well what I'm talking about! ) the speed and quickness gets down rapidly - I did not see that - just saw that CJ is a little quicker - and that made the difference - nothing to discuss. Missing motivation? Didn't you see that he tried everything possible - it simply did not work. Why should he try that and not let it go as he did when he really wasn't motivated? Of course - when you try everything and whatever you do or try - the success simply does not appear- also here I know what I'm talking about! - you get frustrated, but that does not mean there is no motivation! Don't mix up the topics - CJ was the better one - that's it. The silver medal is very well deserved based on his performance over the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Frustrated" is the key word. Taufik did show some brilliance at the net in the closing stages,

and he stopped Cj in his tracks with many drop shots. But CJ was just too fast and Taufik's chances were few and far

between so he was restricted. It is all very solid tactics,not allowing the opponent what he likes to do best.

Its amazing how Taufil can play so well agianst LCW and Park but get all tied up against CJ. I think it is exactly what

Ian Wright mentioned,Taufik just hates to play CJ and when he plays CJ all the worst comes out.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast