User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm SO MUCH impressed by all super judges in "amateure" level (as admitted in some of posts above) basing their judgement in front of a TV or live streaming of a computer.

I TRUELY believe BWF should just fire those international certified umpires and service
    judges and hire you guys in the next world championships.

Let me just ask you guys a questions, how many official games have you judged in the past?
    Do you think those umpires/service judges were being blind-fold?

Let's give some respects to the BWF officials and the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    i'm SO MUCH impressed by all super judges in "amateure" level (as admitted in some of posts above) basing their judgement in front of a TV or live streaming of a computer.

I TRUELY believe BWF should just fire those international certified umpires and service

Let me just ask you guys a questions, how many official games have you judged in the past?

yep - completely agree with that

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously Canada is the place to be for World Class badminton year around I've been around the so called "highly qualified international certified umpires and service judges" often enough to know how amateuristic it all is.
    But I didn't bring up this topic and don't agree with it either, just don't kid yourself the refereeing level is out of this world . At times you'd think they have the attention span of a two year old .
    Last edited by demolidor; 08-29-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Obviously Canada is the place to be for World Class badminton year around I've been around the so called "highly qualified international certified umpires and service judges" often enough to know how amateuristic it all is.
    But I didn't bring up this topic and don't agree with it either, just don't kid yourself the refereeing level is out of this world . At times you'd think they have the attention span of a two year old .
    ??? don't mix up the topics, nobody talks about referees in Canada - didn't see amateurs on Umpire chairs or doing the job as service judge during the closed WC - and that's we're only talking about!
    Mistakes by line judges - that happens everywhere and is also out of discussion here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Yes, totally agreed..........

I think its just TH tactics to distrurb CJ concentration........

I can recall every times TH play CJ, he tends to complaint about the shottlecocks............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post
    CJ didnot need to cheating to win. He had better record against TH. He win easily again TH today.

Meanwhile TH play lots of errors since the first set. He didnot play as good as when he win against LCW.
    Its OK, TH did mentioned his focus is on AG not this WC............wait untill AG to revenge la...!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, totally agreed..........

I think its just TH tactics to distrurb CJ concentration........

I can recall every times TH play CJ, he tends to complaint about the shottlecocks............
    be fair....there s only 2 possibility
    1. Chen Jin really manipulate the shuttlecock
    2. It s just TH mind game

i dont know what kind of manipulation with the shuttle, but if u remembered, last year CJ did the same and TH complaining to the referee too. I ve an opinion bout what CJ did, if u watch his left hand, especially his finger, he usually hold using 3 finger deep inside the shuttle and the tumb outside, he hold realy tight...do u know what player that hold the shuttle in that way??? can u imagine how width that 3 finger of a big man like CJ...so ithink that make the shuttle slower and tend to be rather unbalance...maybe it fit CJ style but TH dislike it....that s is TH right to argue to the referee, but its up to the referee to make the decision

besides, i think CJ is the best allrounded player today, he has very solid defense and good footwork....congrat to CJ, congrat to TH that show us again his talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair comments, nobody likes opponents meddling with the shuttles, maybe it will introduce some kind of germs

and bad luck/charms. The officials know their job.

Best solution is to ignore it completely and concentrate on the game. Maybe we should try this tactic against opponents in tournaments and see how their game drops when they they are not allowed to get their way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    one fact i've observed is the smash speed of TH is just about 250kmh..not like normal speed like 280++kmh....i think it's slow for TH's standard...
    from what you said. TH normal smashes are over 280 = (ok not everytimes, my bad) but more often than not everytimes he did smash it should be at least 280 or beyond.
    TH lost because CJ managed to disrupt TH game plan and never allow him to smash NORMALLY. CJ was playing an attacking game and would prefer a faster shuttle.

Those people are just sore over their player losing and trying to discredit the winner. If you managed to convince majority of the people to believe a lie it would become a truth.

TH is still a good player but never won an SS tournament although he was in many finals. so it was normal he lost again in this final. Everytimes he get into a SS and major final he lost.

TH is talented but without proper training and good sparring partners now that he is on his own it will not be easy for him to win every match he contested. LCW trained very hard that's why he won a lot of tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is cheating? google it and you will see all badminton players cheat in one way or another according to the defination in wikipedia. Deception, trickery, creating an unfair advantage at the expense of others interest.
    Badminton is a cheating game. LOL (off topics- sorry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post

Those people are just sore over their player losing and trying to discredit the winner. If you managed to convince majority of the people to believe a lie it would become a truth.

TH is still a good player but never won an SS tournament although he was in many finals. so it was normal he lost again in this final. Everytimes he get into a SS and major final he lost.
    hahahah...ithink this thread discuss bout what CJ s did with the shuttle, not the reason or an apologize why TH Lost. TH also didnt discredit CJ achievement, in indonesian local newspaper TH said that he s tried his best, but he lost both phisical and technique this time.

TH is talented but without proper training and good sparring partners now that he is on his own it will not be easy for him to win every match he contested. LCW trained very hard that's why he won a lot of tournaments.
    yes i agree, thats why hard for LCW (not impossible)to beat TH when TH in his prime....with todays training, TH still can compete in the top level....i remember in press conf after IO 2009 Final when LCW trashing TH, LCW said that TH time is ended....TH just laughing that statement, he said that if u win u can say every thing, some years ago, LCW also hard to win. TH said he is 3rd grade player after LD n LCW, 2nd is CJ, BCL, PG

last 2 TH winning over LCW is macau (CMIIW) after OG 2008....LCW reason is he is still tired after OG...and now LCW said that s cos back injured...i think he is the best injured player in de world lol...he can smash that hard, move so fast heheheheh...not a good sportsmanship in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what you said. TH normal smashes are over 280 = (ok not everytimes, my bad) but more often than not everytimes he did smash it should be at least 280 or beyond.
    TH lost because CJ managed to disrupt TH game plan and never allow him to smash NORMALLY. CJ was playing an attacking game and would prefer a faster shuttle.

cj's fast game disrupt taufik for a deadly smash - yes

cj's fast attacking game requires a faster shuttle - not necessary

and i do not have any comment whether chen jin is cheating or not

because manipulating the flight of shuttle by player is nothing new and its a tactic by itself

though a dirty one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    cj's fast game disrupt taufik for a deadly smash - yes

cj's fast attacking game requires a faster shuttle - not necessary

and i do not have any comment whether chen jin is cheating or not

because manipulating the flight of shuttle by player is nothing new and its a tactic by itself

though a dirty one!
    agree with u, like i said before...its is TH right to compaining, but i think there s referee that have the right to decide...and the referee is done the job...he watch CJ if he hold the shuttle....

disrty or not, CJ willbe remembered as a wold Champion...we have honored his achievement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    It is true that umpires(and service judges) from a coutry where badminton is not the strongest sport usually get more chances to judge in semi-finals/finals of import world events. It simply because their players are less likely able to reach the final rounds.
    So Yes, Canada, USA.... do produce world-class umpires

And I do believe any BWF officials you see in this world championships and pasts can judge better than you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying hard to find a reason to be ashamed of being a Chinese, huh!
    Congratulations, you found one.

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Chen Jin just beat Taufik in straight sets. China is poised to take all 5 titles with only Koo / Tan of MAS standing in their way. Being a Chinese decendent I should be damn proud whatever way that last match goes... But sadly that is not the case

What is this crazy forumer writing about????

Before I answer, I ask anyone who thinks I'm just being a bad sport to rewatch that match. And form your own opinion. My opinion is already decided.

Before the start of the match, Chen Jin would not be considered a 'Legendary' player... surely not a player in the same 'league' as accomplished players such as Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan, Peter Gade and past Legends such as ZJH and Yang Yang. A pretty good player at being highly consistent yes. But Legendary our forum has decided many times that he always seemed to lack that something special.

After the 1st Match however which I watch in amazement CJ retrieving all the smashes like a super man. Moving 'FASTER THAN THE SHUTTLE' in superheroic fashion... same as he did againt PETER GADE in the semis. I was awestruck of CJ newfound level of ability I proclaimed the match the arrival of a Legend!

The second set started the same however there is only so many poor fools you can fool. It took the senses of a Legendary player and his trusted Coach to realize that something was amiss. Taufik's anger at shuttle infront of the service judge showed his true feelings / reaction of his findings.

When he showed it to the Umpire, even he had to pause in a manner of disbelief. The difference was so minor but a clear 'manipulation' can not be denied.

A have always had grumblings about watching Chen Jin play in the past. Obscene match delay tactics. Obscene I'm not ready to receive the serve my eyes are closed tactics. Obscene request for the medical officer moments and timing.

I always knew he was very vested into winning. Today however (or perhaps this entire tournament) was at a complete different level.

Deliberately Manipulating the shuttle to your own advantage. How low is that? Isn't it illegal? for How far for How long has this gone?

Look at Gade. Completely Physically drained after his match. Actually completely drained after the 1st set.

What kind of strategy is this??? to me... a completely unacceptable one.

How did this affect the outcome of the final?
    Yes, Chen Jin could still have won... but not in such a manner that spoils the victory and leave a bad taste to everyone.

If he did not practice this 'manipulation' would he have even made it into the final fairly in the first place????

So why am I opening a thread with the title 'A Legend is born'????

Because today... a player with Legendary Soreness for Wining showed his true colors to the world. And such, a Legendary Sore Winner is Born.

xoxoxo
    The Big Bad BaddyNut.
    Last edited by restlessHK; 08-29-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to see that you are no longer Chinese. What a twisted mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Chen Jin just beat Taufik in straight sets. China is poised to take all 5 titles with only Koo / Tan of MAS standing in their way. Being a Chinese decendent I should be damn proud whatever way that last match goes... But sadly that is not the case

What is this crazy forumer writing about????

Before I answer, I ask anyone who thinks I'm just being a bad sport to rewatch that match. And form your own opinion. My opinion is already decided.

Before the start of the match, Chen Jin would not be considered a 'Legendary' player... surely not a player in the same 'league' as accomplished players such as Taufik Hidayat, Lin Dan, Peter Gade and past Legends such as ZJH and Yang Yang. A pretty good player at being highly consistent yes. But Legendary our forum has decided many times that he always seemed to lack that something special.

After the 1st Match however which I watch in amazement CJ retrieving all the smashes like a super man. Moving 'FASTER THAN THE SHUTTLE' in superheroic fashion... same as he did againt PETER GADE in the semis. I was awestruck of CJ newfound level of ability I proclaimed the match the arrival of a Legend!

The second set started the same however there is only so many poor fools you can fool. It took the senses of a Legendary player and his trusted Coach to realize that something was amiss. Taufik's anger at shuttle infront of the service judge showed his true feelings / reaction of his findings.

When he showed it to the Umpire, even he had to pause in a manner of disbelief. The difference was so minor but a clear 'manipulation' can not be denied.

A have always had grumblings about watching Chen Jin play in the past. Obscene match delay tactics. Obscene I'm not ready to receive the serve my eyes are closed tactics. Obscene request for the medical officer moments and timing.

I always knew he was very vested into winning. Today however (or perhaps this entire tournament) was at a complete different level.

Deliberately Manipulating the shuttle to your own advantage. How low is that? Isn't it illegal? for How far for How long has this gone?

Look at Gade. Completely Physically drained after his match. Actually completely drained after the 1st set.

What kind of strategy is this??? to me... a completely unacceptable one.

How did this affect the outcome of the final?
    Yes, Chen Jin could still have won... but not in such a manner that spoils the victory and leave a bad taste to everyone.

If he did not practice this 'manipulation' would he have even made it into the final fairly in the first place????

So why am I opening a thread with the title 'A Legend is born'????

Because today... a player with Legendary Soreness for Wining showed his true colors to the world. And such, a Legendary Sore Winner is Born.

xoxoxo
    The Big Bad BaddyNut.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Tipping on shuttles in in ternational tournaments. The shuttles are tested and that speed used so the feathers are untouched. Sometimes in games you see the players delay the start then use a different speed.

That is what the lines at the rear of the court are there for. In Club/local games you don't have the luxury of getting a slower/faster speed, so you tip the shuttles either in or out to make them faster or slower.

And it is illegal if he did it in the game....
    good point by james.

the shuttles were tested before match. they should all be standard speed, and being top of the line, all shuttle in the same tube will perform identically.

so if Taufik claims that it was tempered with to change the speed, then why not do the baseline test to compare with a fresh one?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast