User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    good point by james.

the shuttles were tested before match. they should all be standard speed, and being top of the line, all shuttle in the same tube will perform identically.

so if Taufik claims that it was tempered with to change the speed, then why not do the baseline test to compare with a fresh one?
    I guess that (testing the shuttles from the baseline) didnt come across his mind during the match. We couldnt see clearly if the shuttles were altered so only the umpire could make the call.

Having said that, if you study the style of these two different players (TH is attacking player who relies heavily on tight net spin following with thunderstorm smashes; CJ is a defensive player who is physically strong with good retriever), so it's not make difficult to make an own judgement here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are few loops hole in World Class Badminton Rules...

1. Tampering with shuttlecock... ??? How do we spot it???
    2. Service above waist...
    3. Use video tech for

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the possible/subtle ways to alter the shuttle during a match without being detected?

Some members mentioned tipping the shuttle, but wouldn’t you need to do it to all the feathers (or at least to feathers in equal intervals) or else the shuttle would be unstable in flight? I would think both the action and the effect would be too obvious to stay unnoticed during a WC final!

It seems to me that it is nearly impossible to purposely altered the shuttle with enough effect during a WC final and yet remain unnoticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point by james.

the shuttles were tested before match. they should all be standard speed, and being top of the line, all shuttle in the same tube will perform identically.

so if Taufik claims that it was tempered with to change the speed, then why not do the baseline test to compare with a fresh one?
    i think what is TH complaining is not just the speed after CJ s "treatment", perhaps its also make the shuttlecock rather unbalance....im agree with jimbo that player like TH rely on his tactic on tight netting and hard smash, how could we control the shuttle if the shuttlecock itself not consistent?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pejantan View Post
    i think what is TH complaining is not just the speed after CJ s "treatment", perhaps its also make the shuttlecock rather unbalance....im agree with jimbo that player like TH rely on his tactic on tight netting and hard smash, how could we control the shuttle if the shuttlecock itself not consistent?
    i myself cannot image how one can alter the shuttlecock's balance significantly enough to make a difference in net shot, yet at the same time, so minute that even a BWF umpire cannot visually detect any difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i myself cannot image how one can alter the shuttlecock's balance significantly enough to make a difference in net shot, yet at the same time, so minute that even a BWF umpire cannot visually detect any difference.
    yup, we all didnt know what is realy happened, but if u mention after TH complain, the referee always watch CJ s hand, and CJ also called to not hiding the shuttle
    Last edited by pejantan; 08-30-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually if one fiddles a lot with their shuttles, one becomes adept at making the minutest disembowelment invisible to the naked eye!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a stupid post! When Taufik complained about it and showed to the umpire, the umpire stared at both shuttles, a new one and a shuttle that Taufik claimed to be modified by ChenJin. The umpire DID NOT agree with Taufik. After that Taufik showed the shuttles to the service judge, and the service judge DID NOT agree with him. They are not blind, enough said. Now, how come no other players ever complained about this when they play against ChenJin? why must the modified shuttle benefit ChenJin's play? How does ChenJin manipulate the shuttle so precisely that he can still have the precise of control of the shuttle? If this really works well, why don't other chinese players also use this shuttle-manipulating technique? Come on guys. Taufik might be the badminton god to some of you, but in this match, he is a loser, and Chen Jin is the winner. No excuses, no conspiracies. Accept the fact, go to sleep, play a better game next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    what a stupid post! When Taufik complained about it and showed to the umpire, the umpire stared at both shuttles, a new one and a shuttle that Taufik claimed to be modified by ChenJin. The umpire DID NOT agree with Taufik. After that Taufik showed the shuttles to the service judge, and the service judge DID NOT agree with him. They are not blind, enough said. Now, how come no other players ever complained about this when they play against ChenJin? why must the modified shuttle benefit ChenJin's play? How does ChenJin manipulate the shuttle so precisely that he can still have the precise of control of the shuttle? If this really works well, why don't other chinese players also use this shuttle-manipulating technique? Come on guys. Taufik might be the badminton god to some of you, but in this match, he is a loser, and Chen Jin is the winner. No excuses, no conspiracies. Accept the fact, go to sleep, play a better game next time.
    it just the opinion, we are free to talk right....or u just that stupid??? please read all post, TH itself not deny CJ achievement, he said that CJ overcome him in term of phisical and technical, he didnt excuse it.....One more question...ARE U IN THERE, in Paris? so u can fully clear see with ur own naked eye that theres nothing threatment by CJ? grown up boys...ur post describe that u didnt know badminton...

this thread is about what CJ doing? so its free to speak base on our own analisis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it just the opinion, we are free to talk right....or u just that stupid??? please read all post, TH itself not deny CJ achievement, he said that CJ overcome him in term of phisical and technical, he didnt excuse it.....One more question...ARE U IN THERE, in Paris? so u can fully clear see with ur own naked eye that theres nothing threatment by CJ? grown up boys...ur post describe that u didnt know badminton...

this thread is about what CJ doing? so its free to speak base on our own analisis
    So because I wasn't there, I can't trust two referees who closely examined the shuttles and did not approve Taufik's claim. And I need to trust you on this forum based on your reasonable doubt, which is solely based on Taufik's claim?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heyyy....no one have to trust any comment in this thread...just rust what u want to...but its not a good manner to say stupid to another post....u can trust TH claim or u trus CJ or u trust the umpire...it s all up to u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik lose this one fair and square, no question, no scintilla of a doubt, period! The better man in the occasion won! Oh, and I'm a Taufik fan!

Shuttles can be reconfigured (structurally disintegrated) and the player can actually gain proper grasp of it's flight (both the regular and reconfigured shuttle, hence, specifically why the chinese squad are at a higher level...it's like how easy it looks when they bounce the shuttles off the edge of their (unstrung) rackets!

...meaning, either side of the competition can learn to disembowel the shuttle and train to learn its unusual flight. Of course the key is to escape from naked eye's careful or deliberate scrutiny.
    Last edited by RSLvictorSOTX; 08-30-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Taufik lose this one fair and square, no question, no scintilla of a doubt, period! The better man in the occasion won! Oh, and I'm a Taufik fan!

Shuttles can be reconfigured (structurally disintegrated) and the player can actually gain proper grasp of it's flight (both the regular and reconfigured shuttle, hence, specifically why the chinese squad are at a higher level...it's like how easy it looks when they bounce the shuttles off the edge of their (unstrung) rackets!
    great comment, CJ played solid today, his defense superb, he deserve to gain the crown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heyyy....no one have to trust any comment in this thread...just rust what u want to...but its not a good manner to say stupid to another post....u can trust TH claim or u trus CJ or u trust the umpire...it s all up to u
    You are right that you can say what you want. But you need to take the responsibility and consequence when you claim something. This post asks whether ChenJin is cheating?? Should I post a question whether Taufik murdered someone because a bum told me so? These kind of questions are just waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    You are right that you can say what you want. But you need to take the responsibility and consequence when you claim something. This post asks whether ChenJin is cheating?? Should I post a question whether Taufik murdered someone because a bum told me so? These kind of questions are just waste of time.
    heyyy...did u get the poin?u said someone post is stupid? is it great manner? we have administrator and moderator here, so if the post break the rule they ll do their jobs....respect other!

but ur style remembered me to cooler...banned member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post

...meaning, either side of the competition can learn to disembowel the shuttle and train to learn its unusual flight. Of course the key is to escape from naked eye's careful or deliberate scrutiny.
    care to explain how you manipulate a shuttle to benefit "gain proper grasp of it's flight", and not be spotted when comparing one with alteration and one without?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cut it out. or i will have to be more strict.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast