User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Its OK, TH did mentioned his focus is on AG not this WC............wait untill AG to revenge la...!!
    right. he is going to be faster, fitter and wont run out of gas in the first game in a few months time. the truth is this WC was his best and last chance to win anything big before he say goodbye to the game. same as PG, they are just too old to play with kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a psycho game. At the end, cj won with big margin. Credit to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    good point by james.

the shuttles were tested before match. they should all be standard speed, and being top of the line, all shuttle in the same tube will perform identically.

so if Taufik claims that it was tempered with to change the speed, then why not do the baseline test to compare with a fresh one?
    just imagine when you're game or even match point down and would like to have a break, ermm lets do a TH and re-test the shuttles speed again. that would be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i myself cannot image how one can alter the shuttlecock's balance significantly enough to make a difference in net shot, yet at the same time, so minute that even a BWF umpire cannot visually detect any difference.
    wish i can show you - press outward and let it bend near the thread

its possible and must be damn skillful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    care to explain how you manipulate a shuttle to benefit "gain proper grasp of it's flight", and not be spotted when comparing one with alteration and one without?
    Maybe learn to bounce off the shuttle from the edges of an unstrung racket consistently a hundred each and everytime first instead of learning the finer points of shuttle manipulation (which everyone knows is an unfair advantage but can't do nothing about it without putting it under a microscope everytime.)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post

Sir, you aren't suppose to teach/instill the finer points of shuttle manipulation (spell it out). Hey, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cut it out. or i will have to be more strict.
    thanx...lets bac to topic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    Maybe learn to bounce off the shuttle from the edges of an unstrung racket consistently a hundred each and everytime first instead of learning the finer points of shuttle manipulation (which everyone knows is an unfair advantage but can't do nothing about it without putting it under a microscope everytime.)?
    I apologize for what I said. I just got a call from ChenJin and he told me this secret in exchange of an Ipod. I will first announce this here at badmintonCentral.com, where serious badminton discussions from badminton enthusiasts all over the world are happening every seconds. The secret is a bottle of Nano-technology glue developed by the Chinese military and hidden inside the bottom cap of ChenJin's racket. Every time he serves, he puts some glue on the feathers, and the glue quickly changes the DNA of the feather in a mysterious yet predicable way, without changing the the shape, weight, and smell of the feather. Now the feathers have their own mind, and they will do whatever ChenJin tell them to do, even....... (you are right, just like the tennis ball in the Tom&Jerry cartoon). Shoot, I've talked too much, now the CIA is haunting me and they want to know all about this shuttle glue. gotta run, byebye and happy daydreaming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect your concern, but believe good administration should be even handed. Post #4 is not relevant to the topic either. Should be deleted as well. Thanks.

cut it out. or i will have to be more strict.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

CJ took training with normal shuttles... You can't bend a shuttle and play normal. It goes both ways like a double edge sword.

Some people are just so full of it. A lost is a lost. No need to find reasons for TH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..oh my..another accusation even after Taufik made a request (or requests) to the umpire and service judge to check the shuttles and they found no evidence tampering..

Anyway, i haven't watched the match yet, but from just looking at the scoreboard, it tells the story right there: Taufik never led or even tied the score after 0-0 (trailing as many as 8 pts in both games).

Bottom line and what does this mean? It means Taufik was fortunate he didn't meet any CHN players before the Final cos his true level of play has been shown. And no, i don't think he lacked the motivation. Simply and most likely, his level of play is not the same as the CHN players and most likely fitness/stamina took a toll out of him.
    Oh not this again... Not even a World Championship Silver medal is good enough for you. Well, I think that says it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Chen Jin cheated...it is ethically unacceptable but he did his best to win. In fact a "slower" shuttle will benefit Taufik more. Anyway both of them played their best of their ability. Taufik did not expect to advance to the final. And the result should be ok even if he didn't win it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logatech View Post
    So because I wasn't there, I can't trust two referees who closely examined the shuttles and did not approve Taufik's claim. And I need to trust you on this forum based on your reasonable doubt, which is solely based on Taufik's claim?
    Would you also trust the line call in the mixed final? Officials aren't always right .

I'm not saying that Chen Jin did cheat, I'm saying we'll never know. It's about all we can say apart from discussing the possibilities of how it might have been done. Which is fair enough, and quite interesting, but it will never answer the question of whether he really did or not.
    Last edited by phaarix; 08-30-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    CJ took training with normal shuttles... You can't bend a shuttle and play normal. It goes both ways like a double edge sword.

Some people are just so full of it. A lost is a lost. No need to find reasons for TH.
    hey buddy, you better read the connecting posts before you comment

you made me sound like i am finding reasons for taufik loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try tampering with the shuttles at club night tonight .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I guess that (testing the shuttles from the baseline) didnt come across his mind during the match. We couldnt see clearly if the shuttles were altered so only the umpire could make the call.

Having said that, if you study the style of these two different players (TH is attacking player who relies heavily on tight net spin following with thunderstorm smashes; CJ is a defensive player who is physically strong with good retriever), so it's not make difficult to make an own judgement here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pejantan View Post
    i think what is TH complaining is not just the speed after CJ s "treatment", perhaps its also make the shuttlecock rather unbalance....im agree with jimbo that player like TH rely on his tactic on tight netting and hard smash, how could we control the shuttle if the shuttlecock itself not consistent?
    First allegation was chen jin was manipulating the shuttle to slow it down and yet taufik hits many out shots.
    Since that theory went to poop, now new allegation that chen jin's treatment was to make the shuttlecock unbalanced, or more inconsistent in balance and/or flight. Well well well, then this theory prove one thing for sure, that chen jin IS indeed the better player than taufik since chen jin can control the 'unbalanced/inconsistent' shuttles much better than taufik.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey buddy, you better read the connecting posts before you comment

you made me sound like i am finding reasons for taufik loss
    My 2nd line is for someone else. Please don't mind.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast