User Tag List

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

- No mention at all abt the incident of TH asking the SJ and Umpire to check whether CJ was tampering with the shuttles.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcan View Post
    yes no mention about that incident... but the news title translation is "Taufik relax, Chen Jin arrogant" maybe coz CJ statement I am not a new Lin Dan. Lin Dan is Lin Dan and Chen Jin is Chen Jin,
    even INA media hate CJ
    that's because

a professional player like taufik

or most of them would avoid any sensitive issue

when interviewed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A shuttlecock can only be altered to make it either slower or faster, relative to its earlier speed, by making the diameter of the shuttlecock feathers smaller or larger. Some call it tipping the end feathers, inwards for increasing speed and outwards for slowing it down, which corresponds to making the diameter smaller and larger, respectively. This type of tempering is highly visible.
    Another method is to decrease or increase the diameter of the cork/base, but this is done only at the production stage and is impossible for players on court to do.
    More likely for players to "cheat" is to break a feather, without being seen, for the sole objective of changing to a new shuttlecock. This used to be done in days of old but is not seen today because of video recording.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    CJ took training with normal shuttles... You can't bend a shuttle and play normal. It goes both ways like a double edge sword.

Some people are just so full of it. A lost is a lost. No need to find reasons for TH.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPower View Post
    My 2nd line is for someone else. Please don't mind.
    then i would assume your first line was for me...

if after bending the shuttle and still wants to play normal

why the hell bend it in the first place?

there are players (i am not saying its chen jin here) that do that

believe me and its called dirty tactic

boy, you are still new in baddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Even if Chen Jin had cheated, how come you would have been ashamed to be Chinese? What's the logic here? Is this your way to curse Chinese as a whole?
    A quick reply to your question. Let's not delve too deep into this.

To me, Chen Jin slowing the shuttles (via manipulation) is like selling Tainted Milk. Sound familiar? When the actions of a few can make a whole country look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    exactly, sick people got some sick topic to talk about.
    You don't have to go that far if you disagree with me do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    What's the point of manipulating the shuttle?Yonex tournament shuttles get faster and faster after every rally,

its more likely that players want to slow them down.If the feathers get ruffled and the shuttle slows

is it wrong to smoothen them out? Might as well when playing Taufik to change the shuttle after every rally without further question.
    Even the male commentator said that the shuttle 'may have been' manipulated to slow down the shuttle (to Chen Jin's advantage)

not to speed it up.

for the record...
    I watched the show live with a former World Chinese Men Single Champion. The 70 year old man came to the same the same conclusion as I did.

Tasted like milk, looks like milk... but something just not right... Tainted Milk Victory?

You decide for yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    If there's any tampering of the shuttle, it should have been quite obvious. You gotta ruffle the feathears or break the tip off or something, right?

But both the umpire and the service judge saw no tampering when Taufik pointed it out, and compared it to a new one.
    I disagree unless we can get the Umpire to come to BC Forum and give his honest opinion.

All I saw is an angry Taufik and Coach reaction to what they saw... and an umpire who paused and did not deny Taufik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for showing the other side of the story.

No doubt Chen Jin was the better player of the Day. Taufik has not been the better player for a long time as he's way past his prime.

Do top class players need to resort to such tactics... especially when thay are equal or superior to their opponent on that day???

Quote Originally Posted by Makkem_1 View Post
    yeah, CJ did manipulate the shuttle. It happens at all levels of play, from my amateur one to the highest. By 'tipping' the shuttle, it biases the match in favour of the retriever.

I hate it when it happens to me. (Don't think its 'illegal' though, quite often a player will insist on tipping a shuttle before the game and i'll fume, because i'm a power player, not a retriever like CJ) maybe a bit 'unethical' tho. I don't allow it if they're my shuttles tho :P shuttles cost good money!

And it does make a difference. I have a friend who keeps bringing slow shuttles back from china. (I guess they play different in a hot moist climate than the freezing conditions of England!) He rallys me to death, I lose 22-20 22-20, but then I get my Yehlex tournaments out the next time and show him some pain 21-7, 21-14.

Chen Jin was the better player on the day. -- Interestingly, I know the All-England hall in Birmingham plays slow and the Yonex shuttles are intrinsically slow. And Taufik's not won there yet....!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ played a very well planned game with grreat defends and minimum unforced error.............

Credit to CJ and his coaches.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modifying the shuttle speed forces to play on the physical. Might have been an advantage for CJ though idk if he thought so. The worst kind of cheat is prolly the one when the guy says he is not ready just after you did a flick serve he did not anticipate. No big deal anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoah, regarding CHen jin was cheating or not already made ppl debate about it till 7 pages long.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not deny that your points are valid.

There is no instances that I can 'catch CJ redhanded' in the act of manipulating the shuttle.

Only the difference of how the 1st and 2nd set was played out. Having said that... It does not mean that the entire part of the 1st set was shuttle manipulation.

There may be instances where an attacking game was intended so shuttle was not slowed and etc.

No solid proof. Only my observation and belief.

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Personally I doubt with all the cameras and tv and press in the WC if chen jin could manipulate the shuttles THAT much to affect the speed it would be higly visible on recordings.. So you just dig these recordings up for proof :-).. I watched the game and I really did not see any manipulation that could affect the speed of the shuttle very much.

The 'effect' of the smashes could also be explained by some added effort by Taufik after the break. The speed of the smashes from the radar was also pretty consitent slower from Taufik than from CJ.. I cannot really se how he could amnipulate the shuttle so his smashes retained the speed and only Taufiks got slower..

I think we may all be looking for some explanation why our favorite did not win.. Looking at the match is was pretty clear though to me that CJs tempo was beyondTaufiks and that his fitness and speed simply was not enough compared to CJ.

/Twobeer

P.S. They way i interpreted the discussion Tauifk and the umpire had, when I watched it live, it looked like the umpire didnt find anything wrong with the shuteel and wanted to compare with a new.. He then mixed them and asked taufik to use either of them, and Taufik did not seem to know which of the two shuttles was which, after the mix of them..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    wish i can show you - press outward and let it bend near the thread

its possible and must be damn skillful
    Yes!

Something a few Malaysian Badminton Aces of Old are experts at too.

Should I be ashamed of being Malaysian too???

Hahaha . Don't take things too seriously and let's respect each others opinion people.

Cheers, Chill and be happy
    Last edited by jug8man; 08-30-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BriceLeverdez View Post
    Modifying the shuttle speed forces to play on the physical. Might have been an advantage for CJ though idk if he thought so. The worst kind of cheat is prolly the one when the guy says he is not ready just after you did a flick serve he did not anticipate. No big deal anyway.
    Thank you Brice.

Have you been in such a situation? And when you realized all that jazz happening... how did you feel and react?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not in my culture giving attention to such details. I try not to provoke any conflict with my opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what makes you a good player and me an emotional spectator.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BriceLeverdez View Post
    This is not in my culture giving attention to such details. I try not to provoke any conflict with my opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin59 View Post
    what is cheating? google it and you will see all badminton players cheat in one way or another according to the defination in wikipedia. Deception, trickery, creating an unfair advantage at the expense of others interest.
    Badminton is a cheating game. LOL (off topics- sorry)
    Maybe you are right.

Maybe some people like me are to naive to accept that fact.

Let's all win no matter what the cost.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast