User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think LYB would give ZB such a boon as to bring hinm back for the WC, then drop him again. It would erode his leadership in that the player could think he could be bad again, knowing he would be broght back for the big tournament..

I think he has had his time as punishment and is in for good, subject to normal performance & good behaviour which we don't know about of course.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, LYB on record said that if ZB won and becomes the world champion he will be back with the national team, he even mentioned that in the after match interview. just imagine the pressure on that young guy, yes, he's only 26.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    well, LYB on record said that if ZB won and becomes the world champion he will be back with the national team, he even mentioned that in the after match interview. just imagine the pressure on that young guy, yes, he's only 26.
    Only 26 - That is about retirment age for most CHN players...

Gong Zichao is younger than ZN by 2 yrs, but retired nearly 8yrs before here !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Only 26 - That is about retirment age for most CHN players...

Gong Zichao is younger than ZN by 2 yrs, but retired nearly 8yrs before here !
    i suppose you allow to stay a bit longer in doubles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sang Yang? Yang wei/Zhang Jiewen?

Xie Zhongbo?

I get your point though & Fu/Cai are defying my appreciation of their abilities on age grounds. They are still the quickest now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..it's good Zheng Bo got reprimanded for his actions. Although i wished if he had came back in a much svelte physique (lose weight)..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..it's good Zheng Bo got reprimanded for his actions. Although i wished if he had came back in a much svelte physique (lose weight)..
    there is no real incentive for him to lose weight, in fact he is showing that you can be bigger than other atheletes and still be top of your sport's category.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a tremendous athlete, forget about his weight, when he is playing you don't realise he is big...

CHN has form for big players....just look at the XD coach....lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    He is a tremendous athlete, forget about his weight, when he is playing you don't realise he is big...

CHN has form for big players....just look at the XD coach....lol
    Yes, I am sure he isn't really as big as everyone makes him out to be, he has a lot of muscle as well I am sure, just look at the way he smashed through opponents defences. I would like to see him play Mens doubles again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XD & MD is a totally different game. ZB is a good tactician & places shots well, but he cannot smash 3+ times in a row to win points & his fast driving game is not as good as MD players either.

They have similarities, but good MD players aren't neccessarily as good in XD as they just smahs smash smash & can't cover the shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news quoted from press/websites ?
    I hope Bo Zheng won't be fired...

Now he should be CHN's XD leader
    The most experienced, he's CHN's Nova Widianto..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know that MD and XD are quite different, when playing XD and MD i have noticed the difference, but i still think that Zheng could play MD, as a "second" category, so that he can improve his defence, and driving, as well as allround game, it might help him become a better XD player. Anyway all i meant was that i wanted to see him play MD again, even if he didnt win anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see ZhengBo changing his XD partner... well, there are many applauds on MaJin's performance in this WC, and ZB did praise her a lot (net play, defence, etc.). My understanding is that i) ZB really needed this gold and he clearly knew that he should try his best to find MJ's good points instead of complaining and ii) ZB was already satisfied as he didn't expect MJ to do better.

One can hardly compare MJ to YuYang - see, MJ can hardly anticipate the opponents' retrieving shots then reach the correct point as early as possible, and her net plays are as conservative and monotonic (easy to anticipate, without any direction changes or deceptions in most of time) as one year ago (which certainly made ZB tired of smashing). Definitely YY is much better in all these fields. BTW no one will expect MJ to play a stronger backcourt than YY. The only trouble between ZB and YY is the combination, which didn't work finely in SudirmanCup 2009 Final especially in Game 1. But I am happy to find that this time YY became more able to control, to judge which she should and could take and which she should leave her partner.

In the coming China Master YY will play XD with XuChen, and MJ will play with HeHanbin... well, if this rearrangement of XD pairs finally lead to ZB/YY, I think no other pair can beat them if they are nicely trained (in last May they were completely untrained but LiYongbo still dared to send them for the opening match in the final, how can you imagine if they are regular partners?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    i know that MD and XD are quite different, when playing XD and MD i have noticed the difference, but i still think that Zheng could play MD, as a "second" category, so that he can improve his defence, and driving, as well as allround game, it might help him become a better XD player. Anyway all i meant was that i wanted to see him play MD again, even if he didnt win anything.
    I totally agree with you. He played a lot MD matches in the CBSL, and in most of time two disciplines in one afternoon (sometimes the first and the third matches). ChaiBiao relied on him very much (I think CB didn't improve much in the last months). This must has helped ZB keeping his form, keeping/improving his fitness and his already-the-world-best defence (in XD) in the last months when he was out of the national team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Yes, I am sure he isn't really as big as everyone makes him out to be, he has a lot of muscle as well I am sure, just look at the way he smashed through opponents defences. I would like to see him play Mens doubles again.
    He is powerful and the more important IMO... very fast. One might hardly imagine how a big guy (I remember in the live-post of SingaporeOpen 2009 here he was named a panda - against the polar bear XieZhongbo...) can move so quickly. His defence skills also work finely in MD matches. In fact, he was a perfect defensive player in his early time. If you look back to his partnership with SangYang, most of the time ZB was staying very near the central line when retrieving smashes, even when he was in the forehand-court, even when he was in the longline of attacking from the opponents.

And he always made up his decision of rotation very very quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's Play a He Hanbin/Bo Zheng MD pair

Anyway I think Bo Zheng doesn't have the speed to play MD at high level..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ma jin looked happy when she won but you can see on vids that she escape from Zheng bo when he put his arm on her shoulder after the win. I think there's a relationship problem between them and LYB can't be not aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried_Li View Post
    In the coming China Master YY will play XD with XuChen, and MJ will play with HeHanbin...
    I remember an interview of LYB who said that they will make a lot of tests during 2010 in order to prepar the 2012 OG. Why not making a pair He/MA and an other with Zheng/yu. This last pair went good on sudirnam cup 2009.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast