Hello from Vancouver!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by atsang, Aug 30, 2010.

1. atsang

atsang New Member

Human Resources Generalist
    Hello Everybody,

I'll start by saying WOW to the information on this website. I started with Badminton at 7 and played up to the end of grade school where I was city champion in Victoria 1 year. I started by playing in the backyard with my mother and eventually playing 5 times a week. I <3 Badminton

I moved to Vancouver and didn't touch the sport for 7 years due to financial reasons as all of a sudden moving out at 18 may have been a little hasty and only 8 months ago have I started to pick it up again. I purchased a Ti-10 (3rd Gen) and have absolutely missed the sport.

Presently i'm on the mend as I tore a few tendons in my shoulder and just yesterday pulled my groin I believe lol... kind of a walking accident but very happy to be playing once again.

6 months ago, I couldn't tell you any other brand besides Victor, Yonex, and Black Knight for racquets.... You can only imagine how much information I've taken in this past few months. Happy to be here.

=D

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Welcome aboard, atsang!:)

City champion in Victoria? Hmmm, you may be learning lots on BC but it would seem that you have lots to teach us.

Sorry to hear about the injuries. Shoulder injuries are far too common in badminton. But you pulled your groin in a "walking accident"? That is unfortunate. It could not have been from slipping on sidewalk ice ( ice in Vancouver?). Perhaps from turning around too fast to ogle a pretty lady passing by?;)

Have fun on back on the courts....and here on BC!

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Welcome!

We're very fortunate in Vancouver to have so many places to just drop in and play. Depending on where you are, there's BCIT, Bonsor, Renfrew, and of course RichPro, ACE, Clear1 and 2 in Richmond.

Make sure you seek physio treatment and do their exercises to help you recover faster.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, atsang!:)..Get well and hope you'll get to enjoy your Ti-10 racket soon..Btw, if i understand correctly, did you actually play backyard (outdoor) badminton 5 times a week?..
    Visit us often!:cool:

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  6. atsang

atsang New Member

Hey, thanks for the well wishes! I am playing again and extremely rusty. I transitioned from playing backyard when I was a little tyke to playing recreational, training, practicing at least 5 times a week for a few years.

7. atsang

atsang New Member

Not much to teach, just strengthen your body, work on your stamina, and most importantly: Footwork!