Eag-300

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Kevin402can, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

Anybody using this machine? I have found a used one on craigslist and I am thinking of switching from my klippermate. The eag-300 gets great reviews on tennis boards but I am having a hard time finding out how well the mounts work with badminont rackets.
    regards
    Kevin

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the reservation i would have on the machine is that the machine is not a 6pt support machine.

badminton frames are much thinner and fragile than tennis frames. while it is possible to string without full support (as you have in the klippermate), it would be more worthwhile an upgrade if the machine have 6 pt support.

3. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

Hey Kwun,
    Thanks for the reply. 2 point supports also seem to be a problem clamping the last string, it gets a little crowded. Tennis rackets are easy compared to badminton rackets.
    Kevin

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    For rackets such as NS9k, after tension 3rd to the last (top) cross, you can go for the last cross 1st, and go back to 2nd to the last. This way, you can easily clamp on the 2nd and 3rd when tie the knot. If you worry about tension loss, put 10% extra when tension the last 2 crosses, and use 2 clamps instead one.