Should I get this Racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by neonataku, Aug 31, 2010.

1. neonataku

neonataku Regular Member

Mobile App QA
    I am currently looking into getting a Wilson BLX Jet, but not sure if it is good for me or not.
    I am a doubles player who relies on netplay and smashes, but am really hoping to up my smash power a bit.
    I am currently using a Wilson Ti-Smash and I am wondering if I should trade up to a BLX Jet or a BLX Recon (which is $50 more)...and is the Jet as brittle as the Wave?

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If you used Wilson before and happy about it, then go for it. I got the Vertex LBX and its a very solid racket double

3. neonataku

neonataku Regular Member

Mobile App QA
    would you recommend getting the Jet or the Recon for a player between beginner and intermediate? and what tension should I string it at if I get the Jet using BG65Ti or BG 80?

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Well i can only say based on the spec (not actually tried them). The jex is a stiff light weight and head heavy racket (this will be similar to YY AT900T), whereas the recon has a longer shaft (by 4mm) and overall it should be more of a balance racket similar to YY ArcZS or Arc10. So if you dont mind the longer shaft, i recommend the recon will be a better choice. As for the string tension anywhere between 24-26 lbs maybe good.