User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik hidayat, his backhand smashes are quite simply amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigit budiarto till this day is still by far my fave MD player...shame he didnt win WC in 03 and 05...his backhand is phenomenal and his jump smashes were filled with awesomeness!

lets make it interesting, i think its obvious that taufik is a clear winner...but what about the ladies' backhands?who among the ladies badders has the best backhand?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    sigit budiarto till this day is still by far my fave MD player...shame he didnt win WC in 03 and 05...his backhand is phenomenal and his jump smashes were filled with awesomeness!
    You can vote him here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...!!!!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by nick.h View Post
    lets make it interesting, i think its obvious that taufik is a clear winner...but what about the ladies' backhands?who among the ladies badders has the best backhand?
    I dont watch womens game that much, so i only know Susi Susanti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My addiction story - I just want to see his backhand

20 years + ago....no player that can make me to painstakingly apply for leave or took an MC to buy a ticket and go and watch him play just to see his backhand other than the maestro Xiang GB. He has all the proper example about backhand from the point of technique and outcome. It just made me addicted to see and being able to see it executed in real life worth more than a thousand ticket ( the other player that make me like a drug addict to see was Zhao jumping cross court smashes ).

20 years forward....when XGB is not playing anymore, that sense of addiction seems to fade, new player come and go and ......well, that sense of urgency to buy any ticket to see them watch will only comes if any of our Malaysia players are playing (that also because to give support) or it is a final event of any tournaments or it just because i have time...............UNTIL the world introduced Taufik. Initially, like any new player, i think this chap from Indonesia is just an ordinary player....and boy.....i was wrong. You won't become an Olympic and World Champion if you don't have something special about you.......an that ordinary assumption became an extraordinary remark when i noticed his backhand !!.....

Since his 260 kph executed backhand in the 2006 MVP games in Philipines, that addiction seems to come back again and now, every time he plays, i don't care who is he's playing against, he wins or not.....the most important thing that i want to see is his backhand.....i just want to see his backhand........every time he plays on TV, i will record so that i can watch his backhand again and again and again.....Hopefully my addiction will be fruitful, possibly, when the day comes that Taufik himself, would break his 260 kph record.

Personally, no need to have a vote here........... "Best" won't be good enough to describe Taufik backhand because it is in it's own league by itself, extra-ordinary and unmatched.........he's a "Living legend" in the world of backhand.....he is famous because not of his past titles... he is famous because of his impossible made possible backhand. The backhand is consider the weakest strokes when played but no world class player currently that can make his backhand as lethal as like a forehand other than Taufik himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    The backhand is consider the weakest ... Taufik
    Bro, here, take these 2 pills for your backhand fetish...

Yeah.. the only 2 players I follow very closely are ZJH and TH. Like you, I just want to watch them play regardless of final outcome. They're just pure magic on court.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 years + ago....no player that can make me to painstakingly apply for leave or took an MC to buy a ticket and go and watch him play just to see his backhand other than the maestro Xiang GB. He has all the proper example about backhand from the point of technique and outcome. It just made me addicted to see and being able to see it executed in real life worth more than a thousand ticket ( the other player that make me like a drug addict to see was Zhao jumping cross court smashes ).

20 years forward....when XGB is not playing anymore, that sense of addiction seems to fade, new player come and go and ......well, that sense of urgency to buy any ticket to see them watch will only comes if any of our Malaysia players are playing (that also because to give support) or it is a final event of any tournaments or it just because i have time...............UNTIL the world introduced Taufik. Initially, like any new player, i think this chap from Indonesia is just an ordinary player....and boy.....i was wrong. You won't become an Olympic and World Champion if you don't have something special about you.......an that ordinary assumption became an extraordinary remark when i noticed his backhand !!.....

Since his 260 kph executed backhand in the 2006 MVP games in Philipines, that addiction seems to come back again and now, every time he plays, i don't care who is he's playing against, he wins or not.....the most important thing that i want to see is his backhand.....i just want to see his backhand........every time he plays on TV, i will record so that i can watch his backhand again and again and again.....Hopefully my addiction will be fruitful, possibly, when the day comes that Taufik himself, would break his 260 kph record.

Personally, no need to have a vote here........... "Best" won't be good enough to describe Taufik backhand because it is in it's own league by itself, extra-ordinary and unmatched.........he's a "Living legend" in the world of backhand.....he is famous because not of his past titles... he is famous because of his impossible made possible backhand. The backhand is consider the weakest strokes when played but no world class player currently that can make his backhand as lethal as like a forehand other than Taufik himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Bro, here, take these 2 pills for your backhand fetish...

Yeah.. the only 2 players I follow very closely are ZJH and TH. Like you, I just want to watch them play regardless of final outcome. They're just pure magic on court.
    That is why Taufik also is nicknamed "The Magician".......seeing him using his racket executing a backhand will end up with a lot of magical things and, witnessing one that end up like a forehand blast will make you stunned similarly like an on stage magician using his magic wand.

...................and thanks weeyeh for the pills

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is why Taufik also is nicknamed "The Magician".......seeing him using his racket executing a backhand will end up with a lot of magical things and, witnessing one that end up like a forehand blast will make you stunned similarly like an on stage magician using his magic wand.

...................and thanks weeyeh for the pills
    Heh, speaking of stunned... that's what his opponents look like when he fires a backhand smash down the line at them.

I don't think there is any other player in the past or present who can do the backhand smash like TH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched a video of TC cup 2000 final, on the 2nd MS TH was up againts Xia Xuan Ze. And on the 2nd set TH returned calmly using his backhand, what supposed to be a net kill turn out to be a disaster for XXZ, its very similar to the WC 2010 final game againts CJ, only that time he did it TWICE in one set.

And TH was maybe about 19 - 20 yrs old at that time, playing in front of full house stadium in Bukit something in Malaysia, with no pressure whatsoever. Simply amazing to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Heh, speaking of stunned... that's what his opponents look like when he fires a backhand smash down the line at them.

I don't think there is any other player in the past or present who can do the backhand smash like TH.
    Even to witness one will makes you stunned, not to mention to be given some.....if I'm one of those opponent, i will consider myself a lucky player to receive a few from TH....and i don't care if i lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes taufik would be the one

Undisputed I suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we could organize a "backhand" tournament

We invite the whole top10 players and then they face each other in only-backhand matches

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    we could organize a "backhand" tournament

We invite the whole top10 players and then they face each other in only-backhand matches
    If such tournament is possible, I'll be damn sure all Taufik's opponents will end up like this:

....from their face expression can simply tell that they are stunned, "how on earth such backhand can become a forehand!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol they can't do anything to return this !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom_bad View Post
    Lol they can't do anything to return this !!!
    .....and if they think that they CAN return his majestic backhand, I'll also be damn sure all of them will end up like this:

......Mr Kenneth still seems not aware, isn't he..........."Beware Taufik's backhand, it's a killer"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are not examples of exceptional backhand shots because all three videos show TH took the backhand at only half-court, certainly far from a good length.
    Try to show some video of his backhand shots hit from the extreme back line. That will be the real test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    These are not examples of exceptional backhand shots because all three videos show TH took the backhand at only half-court, certainly far from a good length.
    Try to show some video of his backhand shots hit from the extreme back line. That will be the real test.
    But is there any other player who can even match those that you called half courts??? if so please share

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was some good taufik backhand video!

i think he is the only one with this unique gift for badminton

though some may not agree but i think from the posts in this thread

taufik should deserved to be name the world best back hander.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast