User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    These are not examples of exceptional backhand shots because all three videos show TH took the backhand at only half-court, certainly far from a good length.
    Try to show some video of his backhand shots hit from the extreme back line. That will be the real test.
    A backhand shots taken from an extreme back line is not an easy maneuver to perform, let alone stunning in results. How difficult it may be, if someone can do it and possibly do it in such away that you think its impossible but yet possible and the result is still stunning.........then, it STILL will be Taufik.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    But is there any other player who can even match those that you called half courts??? if so please share
    Yes...if so please share...however, personally, being near half a decade of my age watching all known players........

- Performing a backhand shots from half court...........currently all world class player can do.
    - Performing a stunning, jaw dropping, beautifully executed, out of this world backhand shots from half court............................................c urrently ONLY Taufik can do it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, its not just his backhand smash. Its everything about what he can do with the backhand. Here's an example...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying these shots are not good but all of them were taken at half-court. These are superb opportunistic killer shots that dealt mercilessly with poor returns from the opponent. I am sure TH is a killer in putting away such half lifts with great dispatch. Backhand smashes as shown by TH here are best taken when the shuttle is miserably short of a full length. I am sure TH wouldn't risk such backhand smashes from the back line of the court as the longer distance will moderate the surprise and speed element.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as i said some just don't think taufik has a good back hand

instead of finding excuses they should see some video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me Hidayat, just so creative and so much power even under pressure, with an honourable mention for Delfs - he showed that a backhand can be used for powerful attacks and not just safety, would be interesting to see what he could have done with a modern racquet?

Hoyer-Larsen had some serious style though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually most of the singles players do have very good back hand

but most of the shots are back hand clear, slice or half smash down the line

nothing fancy just some safe returns most of the time.

take the case of morten frost against zhao in the all england final (year??)

if, i say if morten frost did not have a good back hand clear or slice then,

i am sure the game would be over before he even sweat!

however, till today there is only one taufik that has a 'creative' back hand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying these shots are not good but all of them were taken at half-court. These are superb opportunistic killer shots that dealt mercilessly with poor returns from the opponent. I am sure TH is a killer in putting away such half lifts with great dispatch. Backhand smashes as shown by TH here are best taken when the shuttle is miserably short of a full length. I am sure TH wouldn't risk such backhand smashes from the back line of the court as the longer distance will moderate the surprise and speed element.
    You may be right, but in this case we should underline that Taufik's skill allow him to do these shots !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..a couple more threads related to best backhand players:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Backhand-Smash
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...o-use-backhand

As for Taufik doing backhand smashes all the way from the back or baseline, i doubt he could do that (simply the distance and angle would reduce the effectiveness); or if he can, i don't think he'd do them often. I think his backhand smashes were performed from mid-court to about 2/3 of the court (as the angle & distance would allow allow such shots to be effective)..

Btw, you guys have been watching old videos of Taufik doing backhand shots...here are a couple of recent ones (from a tourney he participated in), up close and personal..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjgtHIEdwfc (for all you Taufik super-fans, watch @ 2:15 & get ready to whistle & scream your "oohs and ahhs")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLsUAunVTI
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-15-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taufik's strong backhand is now becoming his weakness too. No matter how good it's, it will never be as good as his forehand. If you look at his matches in recent years, he hit way more backhands than his opponents. Many times in the similar positions, LD or LCW would be able to move backward and hit an over-the-head smash, but he chose to hit a backhand instead. In early years, a lot of his backhand winners just by catching his opponents off-guard. But now-a-day, every opponent respects his backhand, and he no longer hit as many backhand winners as before. But we talk about pure backhand skill, he and Xiong Guo Bao should be the #1 and #2 or the other way around.
    Last edited by Qidong; 09-15-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjgtHIEdwfc

Lol Ctjcad I watched it it's kinda funny, it's a backhand-smash-jumped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taufik Backhand Video Review

Quote Originally Posted by shooting stroke View Post
    A backhand shots taken from an extreme back line is not an easy maneuver to perform, let alone stunning in results. How difficult it may be, if someone can do it and possibly do it in such away that you think its impossible but yet possible and the result is still stunning.........then, it STILL will be Taufik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Taufik's strong backhand..... catching his opponents off-guard.

This video is one good example to show us how good Taufik's backhand is. What's interesting about this video are, besides the tremendous strength that Taufik can generate at 0:17 with his backhand given the fact that he did it with minimal back swing action, it also shows us that within a given, near similar situation where the shuttlecock is also positioned possibly at the furthest part of Andrew backhand side like Taufik had, his backhand shot at 0:18 was no where near to the power that Taufik can generate.

The most interesting part again, if you noticed at the early part of 0:17, having able to intercept Taufik net play earlier and out maneuvering him by making a hit towards Taufik extreme backhand side, he waited confidently, with both foot parallel at the front court .....possibly, i think , by able to place the shuttlecock at the furthest part of Taufik backhand side, and if in anyway Taufik is able to take it, he most probably highly expects that it would travel not far other than to the front court and maybe to him....which he can finished it of with a kill!....and boy......Taufik proved he's wrong. Rather than out maneuvering Taufik and wanted to do a winning shot, Andrew was the one out maneuvered and Taufik was the one who ended the rally with a winning shot at 0:20.

Mr Andrew should know his math....this is Taufik he's playing with. In regards with backhand shots, with Taufik's skill, no backhand is impossible to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you saying that any other top player would do the same as TH?? This is when receiving a "half lift/court" or "poor return", which in TH case I dont think they are 100% "half lift/court" or "poor return".

IMO most players would lift back or drop or drive instead.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wink Messing with your minds

Just to mess with your minds...

Concentrate on the very first point of this game. Specifically 0:50

Have a nice day!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post

Have a nice day!
    Sorry, any pro can do a backhand clear, but only TH can do the backhand smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a nice day!

Wow ..great backhand by LD.
    but taufik got revenge by his backhand on the last point of the video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Sorry, any pro can do a backhand clear, but only TH can do the backhand smash.
    Let me modify and strengthen the meaning of your phrase visor -
    "Sorry, any pro can do a backhand clear or a backhand smash but currently, only TH can do a stunning backhand clear and a stunning backhand smash"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Taufik's strong backhand is now becoming his weakness too. No matter how good it's, it will never be as good as his forehand. If you look at his matches in recent years, he hit way more backhands than his opponents. Many times in the similar positions, LD or LCW would be able to move backward and hit an over-the-head smash, but he chose to hit a backhand instead. In early years, a lot of his backhand winners just by catching his opponents off-guard. But now-a-day, every opponent respects his backhand, and he no longer hit as many backhand winners as before. But we talk about pure backhand skill, he and Xiong Guo Bao should be the #1 and #2 or the other way around.
    yes, you have share a good analysis on that!

few players like lin dan, lcw, pg or the top few players whom have been playing with taufik long enough are able to anticipate his backhand returns.

in fact some use it as building shots for later attack.

however credit must still be given to him for such a good back hand!

its just awesome!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast